Thread: Audio Pitch Altered

Audio Pitch Altered

I have been having many problems with my 860AE lately. In one game, I completely lost audio channel 6 in the middle of a broadcast. Now a new one...the XLR analog audio going into the TC on any channel is altered. The pitch is changed to the point my announcers sound like different people. I fixed it in post by adding the Pitch Shifter effect in premiere.

I am able to verify the audio is good going into the TC.

I have reinstalled software numerous times. Last night I tried it after a factory reset and the problem persists. I have updated the core. At a loss here.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of audio issue?
    Todd Utrup
    Game Face Ohio

Tricaster 860AE v5
    3Play 425
    SONY HVR-Z5U
    Fiber & SDI
    LiveText2

This was reported in a recent release, and has been fixed. I'm not 100% sure whether the fix is in the current release or pending.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thomas TV2
    Is there a quick fix or should we go back to V4? I am having the same issue. It is impossible to use the Tricaster.
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

Well, I'm slightly relieved to hear that other people have reported this issue.

FYI -I did a factory reset, which took me back to 855 software. And I still had the same pitch issue.

I have very little understanding of how these updates work and what they all update. This includes the core update. Which, my last core update was done after updating the software to the most recent release. So, my assumption was that since the files to perform a core update are on the C: partition, that the core update performed is tied to the software version that was most recently installed. I could be completely wrong...this is just my guess.

So to test my theory, I have performed a core update immediately after doing the factory reset. The issue seems to have gone away.

Thus, I'm going to now try to reinstall AE 4-0-170313. Followed by another core update. I'll report back.
    Todd Utrup
    Game Face Ohio

Tricaster 860AE v5
    3Play 425
    SONY HVR-Z5U
    Fiber & SDI
    LiveText2

Thomas TV2
    Anybody knows what the core update is? It comes with the installing of AE v5, but I cant see what it is.
    If it is a hardware update, then it wont help to roll back to an old version of Advance edition, will it?

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

Here is what worked for me: Download and run the following firmware update: http://new.tk/TC51170816-01 THEN do a Force Core (C:\Program Files\New Tek\TriCaster\Drivers\WDF\Core).

Initially I did the Force Core, then the firmware update. That did not work. When I ran the Force Core a second time after doing the firmware update the audio was fixed.

Side Note: In my case I was getting the pitch shift only on the Program Out. Audio I was feeding to the Aux Out was not shifted.

TriCaster 860AE-5

When is the planned release date of this update?

Quote Originally Posted by gtaylor48192 View Post
    Here is what worked for me: Download and run the following firmware update: http://new.tk/TC51170816-01
    It probably needs an older version of the .exe installer, too, does it not? This may be the link to it: http://new.tk/TC51170816-02

New build now available with audio fix. http://new.tk/dl
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.