Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bladerunner 2049 -A Lush Screensaver or a New Classic?

Cool Bladerunner 2049 -A Lush Screensaver or a New Classic?

Well, Let your points run, but It would be conducive to see the movie first.

IT was ******* amazing.

visuals aside(even tho it was like looking at 3hrs of concept work) the plot, characters were amazing.
    Music score fantastic.
    To me 11/10.

Just listening to soundtrack

yes, I love the remix theme they did for the trailer too, they actually scrapped the soundtrack at the 11th hr (they guy who did the arrival was originally doing it) and brought in hans to re score it, the whole score was leaked on to youtube so you can listen to it already
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    yes, I love the remix theme they did for the trailer too, they actually scrapped the soundtrack at the 11th hr (they guy who did the arrival was originally doing it) and brought in hans to re score it, the whole score was leaked on to youtube so you can listen to it already
    It's on Spotify too.

I've seen it twice now!

First time I was taken in by the visuals, sfx and score - and absolutely loved the film.
    Second viewing I focussed more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!

Thinking about seeing it again to see if the previous experiences all merge into a good and lasting experience....
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

I rather enjoyed it. I have mixed feelings whether I like it better or worse than orginial, but can't deny it was a very good sequel. Unfortunately, like the first movie, it is not doing well at the box office. But I will be adding it to my collection when it is released for home video.

-Adrian

Second viewing I focused more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!
    Ditto, sad as hell but what a great experience.

Not sure why it done so bad...everyone who watched it was blown away...I went to see it 9PM on Monday and apart from me there were just two other people there

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    And all VFX made with LW ? WHoaaaaa !

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    I've seen it twice now!

First time I was taken in by the visuals, sfx and score - and absolutely loved the film.
    Second viewing I focussed more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!

Thinking about seeing it again to see if the previous experiences all merge into a good and lasting experience....
    A lush screensaver.

I only need to watch it once to know the storyline is a trainwreck.

The reason (WITH SPOILER) is posted here at modo forum:
    https://community.foundry.com/discus...9-with-spoiler

There is another thread (without spoiler) that I talk about the movie. I nodded (sleepy) watching it. Half in the Bag review agree that its slow.

So how closely does the story link up with the original? Is it integral? Few hat tips? or just set in the same universe with old Deckard?

Some folks need to get out more, rather than going watch a movie once in a while and seeing toilet seat from time to time. If they want to be brutal, I could be either.

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post

I feel that it's the best Zimmers done in ten years in soundtrack terms, for it has, like the film has, motif alludes to 'Vamgeli' textures.

But in sonic terms those huge, granular fruity farts of, maybe Moog LFO filters panned at us which where so expertly

spliced into real orchestral instruments like the cello's all within the timeframe of one note where extravagantly clever & effective.

They certainly blew my head away, along with the Tibetan horns in there somewhere. Not since hearing transgender Carlos do

Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary by Henry Purcell in Clockwork Orange, have I been in awe of others MoogWork. ..

For I used have & play my own Rig o' Moogs in the 70's in N.Y. & London.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MY RIG O'MOOG'S SYSTEM 55 Colour Correction.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	138266

I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Sountrack > Hans Zimmer

incredible

Awesome movie, great soundtrack
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    I feel that it's the best Zimmers done in ten years in soundtrack terms, for it has, like the film has, motif alludes to 'Vamgeli' textures.

But in sonic terms those huge, granular fruity farts of, maybe Moog LFO filters panned at us which where so expertly

spliced into real orchestral instruments like the cello's all within the timeframe of one note where extravagantly clever & effective.

They certainly blew my head away, along with the Tibetan horns in there somewhere. Not since hearing transgender Carlos do

Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary by Henry Purcell in Clockwork Orange, have I been in awe of others MoogWork. ..

For I used have & play my own Rig o' Moogs in the 70's in N.Y. & London.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MY RIG O'MOOG'S SYSTEM 55 Colour Correction.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	138266

I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Sountrack > Hans Zimmer
    To mee it sounds very much just like vangelis, the tune, the sound itself, sure..there may be variations, but in essence it sounds pretty much as plagiated/ influenced to 85 percent of what vangelis did, so the characteristics of the tune is vangelis, not really zimmerman.
    That said and with reservation..haven´t heard the whole soundtrack, maybe I should before passing judgment.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast