Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bladerunner 2049 -A Lush Screensaver or a New Classic?

Loved it, found it a worthy successor to the original. More "twitch and bang" action but them's the times we live in. Story advanced the narrative of the first quite well, and the open-ended finish bodes well for more.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    To mee it sounds very much just like vangelis, the tune, the sound itself, sure..there may be variations, but in essence it sounds pretty much as plagiated/ influenced to 85 percent of what vangelis did, so the characteristics of the tune is vangelis, not really zimmerman.
    That said and with reservation..havenīt heard the whole soundtrack, maybe I should before passing judgment.
    Yes there is some 'vangelis/tangerine dream' feel to the music.....which to me is great, I was hoping one of them would have composed the music. But was pleasantly suprised with Hans Zimmer's soundtrack.
    There are also some nice elements similar to the 'dark knight'.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019 LWCad 2018

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    To mee it sounds very much just like vangelis, the tune, the sound itself, sure..there may be variations, but in essence it sounds pretty much as plagiated/ influenced to 85 percent of what vangelis did, so the characteristics of the tune is vangelis, not really zimmerman.
    That said and with reservation..havenīt heard the whole soundtrack, maybe I should before passing judgment.
    yes, if you mean the music from the trailers etc, that is not the film score by hans, its just remixes of the Vangelis tracks, the film score is different.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

there are some points i was unclear about - specifically wiht the wooden horse memory.

that memory was implanted on to K ... it was NOT his memory .. He thought it was his own memory and he was the one Unfortunately he is not the one.. Girl is .. (hybrid)

SPOILERS - don't read above this line.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Should I see it in IMAX or regular theater will be good enough?

IMAX would be cool, but I kinda wished I had seen it 2D. 3D (in xD theatre) was not warranted for BR2049, imo. It was a great flick and I loved. Really will require BluRay purchase immediately when it comes out, and multiple viewings.. But I think I still have to go with BR2019 as my preferred one. Just watched it (Idk, 30th time?) on BluRay the night before seeing BR2049.. Yeah, original is just a little better. Darker. Grittier... But I am thrilled that 2049 was not just a repeat though. Whew!

Well, the theater near me shows options as standard, IMAX and 3d. I'm not sure if that IMAX is 2d or 3d. I'd rather watch 2d.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    that memory was implanted on to K ... it was NOT his memory .. He thought it was his own memory and he was the one Unfortunately he is not the one.. Girl is .. (hybrid)
    BOO! Next time warn people before giving away movie spoilers!!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

hehe sorry my bad

I saw it already, so nothing spoiled here, but that really undermines the mystery of the movie. Might want to spare others and delete all evidence of that spoiler from the thread.

Sorry guys that i dont know exactly what u r talking about but was lw used in this movie or not?
    Of course software is the least important but i am just curios.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad_azer View Post
    Sorry guys that i dont know exactly what u r talking about but was lw used in this movie or not?
    Of course software is the least important but i am just curios.
    I think that was a joke comment.

Quote Originally Posted by THIBAULT View Post
    And all VFX made with LW ? WHoaaaaa !

Comme vous le souhaitiez juste ainsi, Thibault mon brav!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Maybe some of you remember the Ziggurat & Flier LWS Content of the 1st Film in LIGHTWAVE'S shipped ANIM scenes hommage.

Would it not be nice if a beta-boy or time willing Lino? Made a Content LWS Anim Scene to show off LW NeXt's capabilities

when it ships, that would have a nice symmetry about it ?

And to 50 one , thank you for a more heart-felt response than some others here, well said by you!

The sadness; yes; of the slowing fade death of Gaia or Flora; call her what you: will Mother Nature; as she fades into extinction.

Is more under-pinned here and more felt poignantly what with the planet's changes in the intervening years between the these two films.

With use of the 1935 "Okies" and "Arkies" Dust Bowl return in Vegas here , when me & the blonde came out of the movie I swear,

we both for a moment, looked for dust on our coats?...
    Last edited by ianr; 10-14-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast