Thread: Livetext on Windows 10

Livetext on Windows 10

I've installed the latest version of the Livetext trial onto my Windows 10 laptop to see how it works on Win10, and am finding that it crashes constantly. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It comes up with the typical "Livetext.exe stopped working" dialog box. This happens when I first launch it, when I create a layer, pretty much anything I try to do (but it's random, not necessarily every time).
    Gabe Thomas

UK based Live Production
    Yes we are having an issue similar to this currently as well. Trying to isoolate

Quote Originally Posted by adebats View Post
    Yes we are having an issue similar to this currently as well. Trying to isoolate
    Are you using Datalink per chance?
    Gabe Thomas

Does it work okay if you run LiveText as Administrator? That is how I have it set on my Windows 10 laptop.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Does it work okay if you run LiveText as Administrator? That is how I have it set on my Windows 10 laptop.
    I can't remember if I tried it that way on that laptop (good suggestion). I did discover a separate bug in Datalink that may have been the cause of this problem (submitted to Fogbugz).
    Gabe Thomas

It doesn't matter if you run as administrator. LiveText on Windows 10 crashed so much we went back to windows 7 pro. Once we went back to 7, no issues

VT[2] Aficionado
    I'm suddenly having the same problem on Windows 10 1709 - crash on boot in nt_tools.dll. Doesn't matter if I run elevated.