Thread: A few things to improve....

A few things to improve....

Hi, just testing right now Spark HDMI and SDI, with a TC-1 . All connected to the LAN behind a small Wifi router, DHCP enabled.

- Spark SDI : this one is using firmware 3.x (can't remember exactly) . When trying to update firmware I'm told that the file is not the good one for that device. However it did accept the HDMI file !!! I don't have any video input in the web browser, either before or after the problematic firmware upgrade. Will check that with support.

- Spark HDMI : I can see it in my NDI sources list in TC-1 , when I select it and click "configure", browser open to a Newtek.com webpage.

Is there any network bridge between the wiifi and wired interfaces ? The idea is to use the wired connection to send control data from the TC-1 to a PTZ camera, i.e. Panasonic HE40, over a Spark link.

Thanks,

Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    - Spark SDI : this one is using firmware 3.x (can't remember exactly) . When trying to update firmware I'm told that the file is not the good one for that device. However it did accept the HDMI file !!!
    I can't account for this. It should not be possible. But in any case please be advised that under no circumstances should you install an HDMI firmware update on an SDI Spark, or vice versa. (This is the reason why attempts to update firmware are declined when the filename does not match the device type.

Spark HDMI : I can see it in my NDI sources list in TC-1 , when I select it and click "configure", browser open to a Newtek.com webpage.
    It sounds like you have not installed the NDI|HX driver on your TC? Did you follow the steps listed in the "How to Update" doc included with your firmware download?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I can't account for this. It should not be possible. But in any case please be advised that under no circumstances should you install an HDMI firmware update on an SDI Spark, or vice versa. (This is the reason why attempts to update firmware are declined when the filename does not match the device type.
    I think there has been a problem with the wrong firmware installed at the factory. as I said I could not get any SDI input even with firmware out of the box, and also after a hard reset. Also from what I can see you can't see in the web browser if the unit has a SDI firmware or HDMI firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post

It sounds like you have not installed the NDI|HX driver on your TC? Did you follow the steps listed in the "How to Update" doc included with your firmware download?
    I did. Actually it only happened two times, later I could access the Web interface. Will do a few more tests.

Also, can you help with that question :

Is there any network bridge between the wiifi and wired interfaces ? The idea is to use the wired connection to send control data from the TC-1 to a PTZ camera, i.e. Panasonic HE40, over a Spark link.

I think there has been a problem with the wrong firmware installed at the factory. as I said I could not get any SDI input even with firmware out of the box, and also after a hard reset.
    I'd like to say that couldn't happen - but it does sound rather like it has. Your best bet on this unit is probably to work with CS. If you're a gambling man, though, here's what you might do:

Since the unit is apparently now 'confused' about its identity, and thinks it's an HDMI model, when it clearly isn't - you could take an SDI firmware update file and rename it to match the HDMI filename, then install that update on the unit. Follow this by performing a factory reset. I believe this would let you revert the unit. (Be very careful to avoid confusion with the files afterward, for obvious reasons!)

I'm not guaranteeing 100% success by these means. Even if the software installs as I expect it will, and the unit correctly identifies itself as an SDI model thereafter, it may not perform properly.

Also, can you help with that question :

I do not believe this is possible. However, as you may know, Panasonic has announced their intentions to offer an upgrade for several of their cameras - including, I think, the HE40 - to directly support NDI ... that is, without need of a converter like a Spark.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the suggestion about firmware filename, will give it a try.

Best,

Jerome