Thread: VPN, NDI & Site to Site connections

VPN, NDI & Site to Site connections

Hi all,

I'm investigating a some network factors for our remote broadcasting. Essentially we have an 860 in our main gallery and a mini that we'll be sending out on location. Both with AE 5.

The gallery 860 exists its in its own vlan and subnet on the central network.

When the mini goes out on the road we'd like to connect it back to the main studio via vpn (we have a juniper vpn) and get NDI connections through it. Anyone have any experience?

Just to complicate matters; some of these externals may be on company networks. I've asked for a "site to site" internal vpn connection but our IT department can't get to grips with an internal VPN? Surely it should function as the external one does? Even if we have to go out to come back in? (Cisco network)

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony.

Check out www.medialooks.com/ndi ... the price is right and it works quite well!

Cheers,

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thank Fritz, I saw that the other day and am going to try it. I don't suppose that theres any Mac alternative too?

Sienna Cloud for NDIŽ has a OSX gateway client.

https://www.ndi.cloud/secure.html
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane,

I'm finding that both of these have unusual port configurations which our IT department are going to have kittens over. I've asked them for the ports to be opened but that could take forever. I'll continue investigating though.

Anthony.

It seems that IT department exists not to help us, but to stuck our job! :-)
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

Anthony, did you manage to resolve the ports issue?

Hi Stardancer.

Yes I did. I was in touch with the great guys at MediaLooks. Their NDI solution should be capable of getting through the firewall. Admittedly I did have a slight issue with this but it should be fixed now. And I say that loosely as in between now and then my organisation opened the firewall port. As MediaLooks solution used an outgoing connection to establish the connections we were able to negotiate it being opened.

And it works like a dream!!!

Ant.