Thread: Daktronics All Sport 5000 (CG?) and Datalink for Football Scorebug

Daktronics All Sport 5000 (CG?) and Datalink for Football Scorebug

Hey guys. Long story short, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to change the way a Dak All Sport (or CG) outputs down and distance to LiveText/Datalink for football. Is anyone aware of a way to make it output 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    Hey guys. Long story short, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to change the way a Dak All Sport (or CG) outputs down and distance to LiveText/Datalink for football. Is anyone aware of a way to make it output 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4?
    Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I've been on with Tech Support at Newtek, Daktronics, and asking on posts everywhere and nobody seems to have an answer. Seems like such a game changer, for dynamic data - to not include the suffix letters!

On the DataLink end, what is displayed is what is received from the scoring system.

DataLink is a method to display information, it doesn't have any logic programming to look at information and do additional processing on it. I'm not sure if the scoreboard system can be changed, but my guess is that it is just going to send a number.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by aferrin View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I've been on with Tech Support at Newtek, Daktronics, and asking on posts everywhere and nobody seems to have an answer. Seems like such a game changer, for dynamic data - to not include the suffix letters!
    I have not.

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    I have not.
    We use sportzcast.net with our Tricaster (installs on the the Tricaster) and after you get it set-up it works flawlessly. It is a little bit of work to set-up but I'm not sure I could live without it. Within the CG editor you can convert #'s to be something else (1,2,3,4,5...1st Qtr, 2nd Qtr, 3rd Qtr, 4th Qtr, OT) or Sets in VB 1,2,3 (Set 1, Set 2, Set 3).

And it's all updated automatically from your scoreboard controller.