Thread: 460 AE Facebook Live 720/24p audio sync drift?

460 AE Facebook Live 720/24p audio sync drift?

Did a big budget Facebook Live yesterday afternoon that unfortunately failed because the audio started out in sync with the video but began to drift. According to a number of the social staff who were monitoring the stream, the audio sync would get progressively worse but once in a while, the stream would appear to correct but then the sync would drift again.
    This happened the day before during a test stream but, testing it again for about 48 minutes after the crew left, it seemed to be fine.
    The client wanted to do the session in 24p. Also, I was using the new 720 2 Meg profile and a stream key to send to a scheduled event as opposed to the Facebook plugin.
    Has anyone run into this and/or is there a possibility that the profile is set to a non-24p frame rate or is a 24p live stream not possible in the first place? Thanks for whatever insight.

Facebook says 30fps is what is supported, I 'm not sure if they handle 24p. I would try 30fps and see if it fixes the problem.

https://www.facebook.com/help/153456...ef=faq_content
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane. I've never had a problem with over 100 30 fps based streams in the past year, but someone from the media group that was brought in to produce yesterday's show claimed they had done 24p Facebook's before, requested it so I complied. Read that link you provided before I agreed but Facebook's wording as to what MAX: refers to seemed to be a little vague (to me anyway), in particular the frame rate. A ton of searching for streaming to Facebook in 24p gave zero results. Hopefully, I need to figure out: 1) it was on Facebook's end, 2) the Tricaster may have a bit of problem with 24p streaming or 3) Someone may have “thought” they had done a 24p stream.
    Last edited by jeff_h; 10-05-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Updating this thread in case it's useful for anybody looking to do the same thing: updated the nvidia drivers and the lastest Advanced Edition. Tested another Facebook Live stream to a private page using the same 24p project that had the progressively out of sync audio on the actual show date. Rock solid sync (of course). Only other difference from show day is I did't use the iCaster app which I had programmed for an operator who was sending macbook content to the set's monitors (the macbook was also integrated as a source to the Tricaster so we could cut to it in program).