Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio issues streaming from TC1

Audio issues streaming from TC1

We recently purchased the TC1 and have begun streaming our weekly show straight from the TC1. We seem to be having some 'popping/crackling' with the audio. We send a separate stream to FB from a different PC using Wirecast and don't seem to be experiencing the audio issues on that stream. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
    Ron

First thought: "popping/crackling" sounds like a clipping issue.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

audio and TC1

Quote Originally Posted by kelbyadmin View Post
    We recently purchased the TC1 and have begun streaming our weekly show straight from the TC1. We seem to be having some 'popping/crackling' with the audio. We send a separate stream to FB from a different PC using Wirecast and don't seem to be experiencing the audio issues on that stream. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
    Ron
    Hi Ron,

I've experienced the same problem. I first tried to change the FB streaming settings, 320 for the mp3 stream for example but the problem still occured. I've just upgraded the TC1 software to the latest version (the 29 of october release) and it seems ok now but i need to test it some more.

Guillaume

I confirm that all the audio issues we had previously to the upgrade has now disapeared. Upgrade TC1 to the latest version and enjoy !

Hello

I just updated my TC1 from the previous version to the last .. now i have 2 issues

1 no longer works file export .. just i choose any set or preset .. i am a yellow quadrant and does not export

2 I noticed that on streaming every now and then the video and audio go out of sync .. for a 10 second then returning perfect

I formatted the machine and reported the TC1 as from factory .. then updated without doing anything else .. but the problems persist ..

with wirecast everything works perfect on streaming

until I did the update it was all right ... now how do I get back to a previous release .. since 19/10 does not work ????

thank you
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

Chiming in here to say that, having just upgraded from a TriCaster Mini to TC1, I am also experiencing periodic pops and clicks in audio, driving me a little bit insane. Still persisting during streams after the latest software updates. It's 100% not a clipping issue. Almost reminds me of sample rate lock issues between audio interfaces/preamps and stuff in a recording studio situation. Would love to hear any guidance on how to get rid of this - pretty disappointed in the TC1 so far for this reason.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I have been using the TC1 for many events since the summer with no audio issues at all. This does not include streaming so can’t speak to that as we have either sent program to a uplink truck, MediaDS or a clients encoder with zero issues.
    Same for the records internal, external via NDI and to clients Decklink.

I’ve been using analog audio and NDI audio as well as SDI embedded
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Upgrading the software seemed to fix the issue. In the past few weeks we have been getting 'digital noise/pixelation' in our feed. We have several SDI inputs in various sets in the studio that come into a hub in the control room, then feed the TC1. I have also connected a camera directly to the back of the TC1 (HDMI out of camera to BlackMagic HDMI to SDI converter box to SDI input of TC1, also tried Decimator box). I've tried to reset TC1 to factory, swapped boxes and cables. All troubleshooting seems to lead to TC1 as root cause. I opened a new case with support, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

We are having the same popping and clicking as I sit here listening to the monitors (headphones) during a recording. Very random and doesn't seem to be clipping. Also we are on the most recent update.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbyadmin View Post
    Upgrading the software seemed to fix the issue. In the past few weeks we have been getting 'digital noise/pixelation' in our feed. We have several SDI inputs in various sets in the studio that come into a hub in the control room, then feed the TC1. I have also connected a camera directly to the back of the TC1 (HDMI out of camera to BlackMagic HDMI to SDI converter box to SDI input of TC1, also tried Decimator box). I've tried to reset TC1 to factory, swapped boxes and cables. All troubleshooting seems to lead to TC1 as root cause. I opened a new case with support, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?
    Hi, We are having similar sounding issues with our Tricaster 8000 running the latest and greatest. Audio recorded into the system and played out experience pops and crackles. Full loop testing with SDI and inputs via NDI in result in the same issue. Just adding this here so others can see it as a reference.

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I have had the same issue. We stream athletic contests, but the clicking starts and cancels out all other input. Definitely not clipping. I think the common thread is that it’s happening during streaming. I have tried a lot but haven’t rolled back to factory reset yet. I am hoping I don’t have to. That can’t be the end all solution.

We have a TC1 with the latest update experiencing the same thing. We have a digital mixer feeding the TC1 analog xlr and gets random clicks and pops on the recordings, sounds like a classic audio-sync issue.
    The same issue occurs on DDR (imported ofcourse) sources.

When we listen post mixer - pre TC1 the sound is perfect but listening post TC1 on the xlr outputs and on the recordings the issue is there - and consistently so.
    I have also tried a Dante connection directly from the audio mixer to the TC1 and the same phenomenon so the analog in and outs of the TC1 seems fine, something in the software is causing it.

Any updates coming up that can resolve this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by solouz View Post
    We have a TC1 with the latest update experiencing the same thing. We have a digital mixer feeding the TC1 analog xlr and gets random clicks and pops on the recordings, sounds like a classic audio-sync issue.
    The same issue occurs on DDR (imported ofcourse) sources.

When we listen post mixer - pre TC1 the sound is perfect but listening post TC1 on the xlr outputs and on the recordings the issue is there - and consistently so.
    I have also tried a Dante connection directly from the audio mixer to the TC1 and the same phenomenon so the analog in and outs of the TC1 seems fine, something in the software is causing it.

Any updates coming up that can resolve this issue?
    That sounds pretty close to our experience also. Have you dropped a support ticket in? If not, any info you can provide may speed things up.

Your experience may be an issue specific to the TC1, but I've been working with support and now engineering on random clicking issues I've had on my 460 and TalkShow VS4000 since early 2016. Not sure if it's the same issue but for us, we hear a pronounced click that can occur several times a minute or once every 20 minutes or longer. Engineering determined part of the problem is with NDI and they are working on a fix for future updates. I've also had the click on SDI. You can clearly see the click in Adobe audition in the spectral display if you zoom in enough. There is a TalkShow forum post where I uploaded a screenshot. I was able to reproduce the click on a loaner TC1 I had for a week.

Rob
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

The TalkShow forum post is: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....alkShow-VS4000

I was running a 1k tone generator phone app from a client Skype connection to the VS4000 and recorded that on my 460.
    Last edited by rlsafran; 02-01-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast