Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature Request - Display MAC

Ok so I know having the Mac add. showing on the unit itself is great
    But there's an app for iOS or android called Fing. Connect to the network and run a scan.
    Gives back ipaddress, Mac addresses and a ton of other info from everything connected on that network.

A.

Refreshing worked, it's weird that the firmware version changed but other parts of the web page did not.

I couldn't find a link to the firmware anywhere. Not on the Downloads page and not on the product page. I ended up using google to do a site search on the web directory that contained the PTZ1 firmware at newtek.com.

Searching newtek.com using the search on the main page would have worked too if one doesn't use 'exact phrase' to search for "Spark Firmware" or "Spark Download" I didn't notice this detail until after I'd thrown my hands up a bailed to google.
    Last edited by jcupp; 09-19-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Quote Originally Posted by vanderwielen View Post
    registering MACS very common at high schools. however, have they tried using their own router and have that mac registered by the venue?
    Hey!, I'm not sure how they ended up getting around it but Joe user doesn't have admin access to the router at Enormous State U. and it probably has 1000s of machines on the list. I don't know if they tried their own router but the U may put a kabosh on that also. I figure if they're parinoid enough to register all the MAC addresses they're not going to allow rogue routers
    Last edited by jcupp; 09-19-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Actually read quoted post
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Quote Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
    I couldn't find a link to the firmware anywhere. Not on the Downloads page and not on the product page.
    Firmware for either Spark or NDI-PTZ1 is listed along with the user guide and HX driver on their respective webpages - that is, the one shown on the little card in the box. (To find this page later, click the ? at right in the titlebar of the device's webpage.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Good to know. Never even glanced at the little card. How about a link on the download page along with everything else just for consistency's sake.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Quote Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
    Good to know. Never even glanced at the little card.
    That little card leads to a page that has everything you need in on one page. Maybe we need to make it work like a little jack-in-the-box.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I can add that we are a technology heavy K-12 private school and our IT department requires MAC addresses of any new device. Having just bought a Connect Spark HDMI, I’m sure I will be going through the same process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12