Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nuArchitect Bundle released

Sorry, I use LW 9.6 and I would like to try the scripts. Do they work in 9.6 or only on the latest LW?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
    Revanto
    ---------------------
    I'm a Mega 3D dude!!!
    ---------------------
    Check out my friend's OLD Youtube tutorials
    Mix Mash's tutes

Hello Revanto,

I can't test if they do, but they should work. Maybe there is someone out there who have tested this bundle on 9.6 and can answer this.
    If you want, you can try and if the scripts did not work, you can post screenshoots of the issues (if there are). I will than look for them.

Hello all who have tested this bundle.

I am a bit disappointed about the low responce. I would like to hear what is good as well as what is bad, so I can react in future projects. I can accept that nearly nobody did a donation (it is OK), but to use this scripts without giving responce makes me a bit disappointed. I whant to encourage you to give me a responce about the + and - of this bundle. You don't need to donate, but please help me to do better projects in the future. What I like to hear about is for example the feeling with the interface etc. This can be best done by users who have tested this bundle. The high rate of clicking the threads of nuArcitect shows that there is interrest out there, but I get no responce or wishes.
    So please respond

Regards,
    KANUSO

I can accept that nearly nobody did a donation (it is OK)
    Donations in general are never a good way to go. They seldom get used.
    Would i have bought this plugin? maybe. i like the Window & Pillar script.
    sorry i haven't donated yet. i haven't tested the plugins.

to use this scripts without giving responce makes me a bit disappointed
    i can certainly understand that, however, the LW community is real quiet these days.

i'm busy doing other things atm, hopefully someone will respond.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Frequenter
    Just to let you know: I am one of those who thought: wow, those look mighty helpful, so downloaded your scripts already a while ago but just have not really had the time to check them out... :-\

I'd recently found time to explore these plugins a bit more, and am quite impressed at the fit-and-polish level they offer, as well as their stability!

I strongly recommend anyone who's doing ArchViz-type work in LW should at least give em a try.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Have you updated them to work with LW 2018?

Rev.
    ---------------------
    I'm a Mega 3D dude!!!
    ---------------------
    Check out my friend's OLD Youtube tutorials
    Mix Mash's tutes

95% of Modeler 2015 plugins work in 2018

Today I have updated my LW Installation to 2018 on PC.
    Some of the scripts did not work as expected. Mainly in boolean operations there are some issues. There are also some faces (especially in text created as a model) that should not be there.
    I will look for the issues as soon as I have time again. It would be a great help, if any issue detected by you will get a short description here. Please leave a short note of the detected issue here.
    If I do corrections on the scripts, I must handle each script again, so you can give me some inspirations on do additional functionality to them. Simply do a whish or a description of the new functionality. Ideas for new scripts are allso welcome.

Please accept, that I don't have time at the moment, but I will take care of the issues as soon as I have time again.

I have not had the time to test them on MAC too. Maybe someone out there has done tests on MAC and cann tell about.

Regards,
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 02-03-2018 at 02:47 AM.

At the Moment it Looks like the boolean operations in 2018 did not work as propper as in 2015. Unfortunately the module nuCathCei makes many things with boolean operations, this script will not be directly portable to 2018

(sorry for that, but may be the gods of lightwave take care of this problem).

For the module nuColumns I have found a workaround on the boolean operations (which did not work on nuCathCei because of heavy use of boolean). So the module nuColumns can be converted to 2018. I will upload it soon.

For nuCathCei I have created a workaround that uses some drills insted of one boolean. It seams like this does work in a way which is acceptable (it will be a little more operations on the object, but with todays hardware this will be acceptable). So nuCathCei will be uploaded soon.

Regards,
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 02-04-2018 at 01:49 AM.

At the Moment it Looks like the boolean operations in 2018 did not work as proper as in 2015.
    this might be, i tested the LW2018 function QuickBolt, it also had numerous Boolean fails, maybe it is related...
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UoFcSU3M4L0

on the other hand, not sure why Boolean would be broken though, after all, it 'seems' to do the very same thing (?)

Fix of some broken scripts in 2018

This weekend I looked deeper at the issue of some scripts in the nuArchitect bundle.

Issues found in the following scripts (These only concerns on LW2018 in 2015 all goes well):

nuCathCei.ls
    issues with boolean operations (missing faces, strange faces)

nuColumns.ls

nuGates.ls

nuPedestals.ls
    issues with some predefined forms (seams like the handling of Points has changed in 2018)

nuSockets.ls
    issues with objects generated from text (strange faces)

These scripts are changed to do the work in 2018 as they do in 2015.

2018fix.zip

There is no Need to Change this scripts with LW2015.
    You can update them anyway, because they work on 2015 as well as on 2018.
    You only have to Change the original scripts with the scripts in 2018fix.zip.
    After the Exchange of the scripts the changed ones get a "(2018)" on the title.

Regards and have fun...
    KANUSO

Thank You   

i haven't had the time to test it thoroughly, hope others get onboard...

additional note, people, sure to check this thread,
    nuArchitect bundle extensions > https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?156114

After looking deeper into Python with Lightwave i decided to Switch over to Python.
    Here the why(s)...
    Yes Python is more writeintensive than LScript, but the more you can do with it does quit this. So you see me refuted in my first opinion about Python in Lightwave.
    After hours of learning and testing in Python, I find ways to work in an acceptable work time. This does not mean, that I don't think anymore that the docs are weak, but after working longer with Python and the lwsdk I become a bit "used" to it. Yes, I know... becoming used to something makes you often blind for Problems. But with the time I know how to work with this docs (even if they seldom helped me really out) My best source of help was the Forum and the Python help command.
    I also think, that the future of Scripting Lightwave will be Python (yes at first I didn't think so).

There are not only Advantages in switching from LScript to Python, so for example older Lightwave Versions are not able to run Python scripts. But that is the way the things are going... If I want a feature that only a newer Version can bring, I have to update. So sorry for all users who didn't update to a Version which can run Python scripts. There are things that LScript can not do, but Python.

I can simplify this...
    Not all things that Pyton can do, can be made by LScript,
    but all things LScript can do, can be made by Python.

The nuArchitect bundle is about 80% translated.
    There are changes to the single scripts (the look will be the same)
    There are new scripts added
    The handling with UV gets a complete Facelift
    A GUI-Designer gets part of the bundle (I wish I had had it earlyer) in this designer a GUI can be designed in a graphiccal way (WYSIWYG) and saved as a Python script, or as code snippets. The GUI can have any control, that lwsdk has build in. So you can design a tabbed GUI (even tab in tab). But more if all is ready. The nuGUIDesign is at the Moment in the test Phase.
    The scripts that havn't be translated until now are:
    nuWalls - this script will be canceled because nuWallStones can do the job
    nuWallStones
    nuWinsGoth
    nuWinsStd

Things that must be done before the release can come:
    All scripts must get the correct UV's for them selfs (they all have testing UV's)
    Testphase with nuGUIDesign must be closed

I think this will be done soon.

Regards,
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 07-28-2018 at 03:32 AM.

it's good to see this tool suite developing further! thank you so much, kanuso!!

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

you could try this >
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...thon-converter

also OD has some good python tools for Ui i believe >
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-Script-Series

looking forward to the Python version  
    Last edited by erikals; 07-28-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast