Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I saw this video and i was little worried

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Just read on FB that the vRoom developer have decided to stop development. To bad since that was one plugin I was considering buying but with this whole Next shenanigans and not knowing what plugins will work or continue development I have put any further investments on hold
    But vroom hasn't been developed for years... Why's this such a big shock?
    When other developers are making things like fluid plugins, looking at writing AXYZ plugins, or stuff like the octane plugins etc... Not sure why you'd pick on one of the plugins that hasn't been actively developed for a very long time. Yes, it's a cool plugin, but it isn't really a surprise.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes, not withstanding the inconvenience to people's workflows, plugin developers are always going to come and go, which happens to other software too (the well regarded Cactus Dan plugins for Cinema 4D spring to mind). But if the post about the Turbulence plug-in for LW Next being ready is true, it does imply that Newtek are actively communicating with interested developers to minimise grief over compatibility, and also that some developers quietly know more about LW Next release than they can say, yet are continuing development for LW Next.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 08-24-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Where did I say it was a big shock?...I said it was bad news for me....if it means only discontinuing the one plugin or LW development all together I don´t know, but the latter would mean that yet another 3rd party developer has jumped ship......and for the other developers you mentioned same thing applies.....all investments on hold until further notice (as in the release of Next)
    Last edited by Wickedpup; 08-24-2017 at 01:42 PM.

are there anyone in this thread that like LightWave ?

i mean, if *you* don't find it good for a single thing, then, why bother hanging out here ?

ok, that might be harsh, but sometimes i wonder...
    Last edited by erikals; 08-24-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I love Lightwave, its my most cost effective app I've got. It delivers great results that my clients love. Yes it can be improved upon. But its perpetual license means I don't have worry about subscriptions when life gets tuff and the banks collapse. I don't blame my tools if I can't deliver.
    Lightwave 2018.6, LWCAD 2018, ODTools 2018, RizomUV 2018, Substance Painter, SynthEyes, Fusion 9 Studio
    Intel i7 920 2.67GHz, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 285, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Sure I love LightWave. Been using it for now coming up on two decades. But loving it/liking it doesn't mean loving it blindly and it means criticizing things that I would like to see improved.

Right now, LW3DG's silence is not helping their situation at all.

"Intuitive" tends to be whatever you learned first.

I still like LW (it's intuitive for me), but it can't do a lot of the stuff Blender can. I don't "like" Blender. I prefer LW, but sometimes I have to use Blender, even though I don't really "like" it.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStrik9 View Post
    "Intuitive" tends to be whatever you learned first.
    FWIW, & YMMV, I am finding the C4D interface, particularly the equivalent to the LW Scene Editor, FAR more intuitive, because it seems to more clearly show the relationships between elements.

They also took a correct turn (in contrast to "a wrong turn") by making Channels UN-animated as a default. This is related to my LW feature request that all Motion Channels (and why not everything else?) default to "STATIC" (unchanging) unless specifically animated by the user. AE works this way too. For me, and maybe I've just been doing it wrong all these years, but it's far too easy to generate extraneous channel keyframes, which simply increases the cognitive load on the animator. MOST things (channels) won't change in a given animation, why not make that as easy as possible.

So, while 'first TENDS to be considered intuitive', it doesn't especially continue that way on further familiarity.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    They also took a correct turn (in contrast to "a wrong turn") by making Channels UN-animated as a default. This is related to my LW feature request that all Motion Channels (and why not everything else?) default to "STATIC" (unchanging) unless specifically animated by the user. AE works this way too. For me, and maybe I've just been doing it wrong all these years, but it's far too easy to generate extraneous channel keyframes,
    Wouldn't turning off "Auto Key" do that?

or changing its option?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	137757
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Where did I say it was a big shock?...I said it was bad news for me....if it means only discontinuing the one plugin or LW development all together I don´t know, but the latter would mean that yet another 3rd party developer has jumped ship......and for the other developers you mentioned same thing applies.....all investments on hold until further notice (as in the release of Next)
    I guess, what I meant was. VRoom hasn't been updated for years, and Luke only did a few plugins for LW anyway... yes, it was a cool plugin, but it hasn't been updated for years and he moved to Houdini some time ago. So, it wasn't much of a surprise i guess. Maybe he'd be willing to pass on the source code, and open source it for further development??

I'm sure, if LW got its act together, the 3rd parties would be back pretty quickly.
    Also... with all of the new tools we've had just this year, it's not like ALL third parties have ditched us. The ditching thing has always happened, remember Dynamite?

I don't spend much time in these forums anymore really as they used to be full of people who just wanted to make cool art, and use cool tools. Now everyone is focused on what's next too much, when in actual fact it won't change the way you work. If you're a great artist, you'll create great work with a pencil, a piece of charcoal, or a computer. I personally feel like we get pretty good value for money for Newtek's tools... yes, they don't update as often as others... but i could count on one finger the new tools I use in 3dsMax that have graced us in the last 5 updates!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Lots of people repeating themselves over and over...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    ...and some stating the obvious again lol.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Wouldn't turning off "Auto Key" do that?
    If I wanted to lose all the advantages of Auto Key.

Other s/w manages to have it both ways: Autokeying AND "default static". AE is the conspicuous example.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    are there anyone in this thread that like LightWave ?

i mean, if *you* don't find it good for a single thing, then, why bother hanging out here ?

ok, that might be harsh, but sometimes i wonder...
    It's rad and will certainly be awesomer with the Next release. Each release has improved upon the prior - except for in the area of complexity / redundancy which may be improved in Next (changes what I understood the plugin API, creating backwards incompatibilities which could drop some redundant plugins).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    (Amusing how the Forum software itself does this from time to time too.)
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ Py

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast