Thread: Tricaster Browser Update

Tricaster Browser Update

Trying to figure out if its possible to update the browser on the T40 TriCaster (think its currently running like ie6 or something) so I can test my live-stream. not sure if this is possible haven't been able to find much information.

You will get an error message when you put up.
    You should really test your stream on another computer or device though.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Looks like I'm going to have to test on another computer. Still seems weird we cant update a browser from 2001

First thing I would do is UPDATE my TriCaster software if needed - that should include pertinent Windows updates including browser perhaps.

Downloads for TC40 here: https://www.newtek.com/downloads/previous/

Be sure to select V1 or V2 as suitable to your system.

If you still find browser to be outdated and you really need the newer version - proceed at own risk. You could certainly try it and see what happens. Could possibly be some unforeseen effects, and most likely a nag screen telling you to uninstall it. Maybe it works for you. At worst, you might need to do a RESTORE on system, which is not a big deal.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

The TC40 isn't opening a separate browser application but just using a component of IE. Do make sure your TC40 software is updated, but installing a newer browser on the TC40 will not make it use the new version.

As Stream mentions above, using another computer is the best way to test and monitor the stream.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I realize this thread is now almost 2 years old, but I recently tried to use my TC40 with the most recent Rev6e (Version: 150624) to stream to facebook live... and facbook did not recognize the browser at all as it was soooo defunct. I couldn't even gain access to the FB interface to go live.

There has to be a way to, if not designate a different (chrome/FF) and more current/secure/safe browser for use within the tricaster program, to update the "Windows embedded edition" (equivalent to windows 7, but not the same) and it's associated Windows explorer version (equivalent to version 9, but not the same)

As a note, I tried to go through the windows update and install the missing updates - it rendered the tricaster software unuseable and I had to reinstall the system from factory defaults and build it back again. I now sit with 71 +5 updates and a fear for which "KB######" install it was that effectively shut down the system. ...Is it safe to install ANY of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatelist-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	614.8 KB 
ID:	145421
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatelist-2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	510.2 KB 
ID:	145422