Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livestream.com

Consultant

Livestream.com

Anyone know Livestream.com has provided a plugin for the TC1 series yet?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Not that I'm aware of. You need a LiveStream Enterprise account because that is the only level of their product that supports standard RTMP streaming.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

my Newtek 850 will do livestream without any problems via web browser connection, however when I try it on the new TC1 I can't get it to connect. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Each time I try and connect using the new preset/custom where you find the other streaming service, I put the livestream info in and hit stream/encoder and it does the following:
    1. streams for exact 24 frames then freezes
    2. The Control panel loses all it's lights.
    3. The Control Panel has a few lights that flash for a couple seconds
    4. The Monitors lose all their multi-view capability for about 5 seconds.
    5. Last a caption comes on that say 'Tricaster TC1 Initialization Complete'.

Then I hit stream button again thinking it might now work, but it now hangs at 0 frames and does not stream. Then it repeats the 5 items above again.

Is it not capable of working with LIvestream? Do I need to move over to Vimeo? It looks like Vimeo supports Newtek. Livestream wants $799/month for RTMP feeds and I'm not going to do that.
    Last edited by lvsoule; 02-24-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Vimeo is supported by TC1, I recommend going that way. I don't know why LiveStream doesn't have their platform open to RTMP like everyone else unless you get the enterprise plan.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Vimeo is supported by TC1, I recommend going that way. I don't know why LiveStream doesn't have their platform open to RTMP like everyone else unless you get the enterprise plan.

Thanks - I purchased Vimeo Live and got it to show up on the TC1 dropdown for streaming- however It keeps saying "Account Quota has been Reached" when I hit the stream button. I built an embed page and never saw it come up. Any idea what that error is? I've posed the Question to Vimeo as well. BTW - It looks like Vimeo purchased Livestream. Maybe that is why they are not putting as much support on it to encourage people to move to Vimeo.

Yes, Livestream was purchased by Vimeo a few months ago. The error message sounds like something on the Vimeo end. What kind of account do you have with them?
    https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/arti...927-Vimeo-Live
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I bought the only account they seemed to offer for $145 per month. I could see any others. It allows a 30-day trial and cancellation.

I thought it was Vimeo too until I just tried another streaming service just to see and got the same error. The 850 unit sure was easier to stream with... I'm sure the TC1 will be the same, once it is configured correctly. Spent few hours without any luck.

Here are some pics. I've contacted Vimeo support and they feel it is a Newtek error. The TC1 sees the Vimeo account because it picked up the test-stream and put it in the dropdown so that was cool,, but the error continues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5059.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	517.1 KB 
ID:	140363

Name:	IMG_5060.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	474.3 KB 
ID:	140364

Name:	IMG_5061.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	140365

I'd bug it. I don't have a Vimeo Live account to test with myself.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....Reporting-Bugs
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Engineer444
    I am also trying to get a new TC1 installation for a college to work on Livestream. The college has a Livestream Basic account and they want the TC1 to use their Livestream account. But to do it directly from the Tricaster TC1 we will need the Enterprise level account correct? Do we also need to install the Livestream Plugin? I am somewhat familiar with using the Livestream Plugin on a Tricaster 850 and I know that that combination works. Any body else using a Tricaster TC1 with Livestream that could share their solution?

The TC1 has a dual channel streaming engine, because of these changes the older streaming plug-in are no longer supported. The other method beyond a LiveStream enterprise account is to use the LiveStream Producer software running on another Windows PC and install NDI Tools on it to feed NDI into this program using NDI Virtual Input.

I'm not tried the above because I do not have a LiveStream account, but it should work.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Engineer444
    Thanks Kane, I'll add that to my list of possible solutions.
    Can you tell me if Newtek has anyone working on a Plugin for the Newtek TC1/Livestream combination? Or would that have to come from Livestream?

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer444 View Post
    Thanks Kane, I'll add that to my list of possible solutions.
    Can you tell me if Newtek has anyone working on a Plugin for the Newtek TC1/Livestream combination? Or would that have to come from Livestream?
    LiveStream wrote the plug-in. As far as I'm aware they have not updated it in years.

With Vimeo purchasing LiveStream, I'm not sure what the future for LiveStream is. We do support streaming to Vimeo Live by their API.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Being candid my impression over time was that LiveStream went from being an ardent supporter of our products to attempting to compete in the same space, which effort was accompanied by a corresponding lack of interest (I'm being generous here) in maintaining their plugin on our platform. This path having evidently been abandoned some time ago, and with new ownership, perhaps a new relationship can be formed with better results. Time will tell, I guess ... it's not too clear just yet.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Engineer444
    I appreciate your insight Steve. It helps me to understand the situation better and will help in deciding which direction to go from here. I must say I was surprised to see all of the hardware products that they offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast