Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presentation of LWO / LWS to our clients -> 3D PDF

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Unity licences are free. And there are hundreds of tutorials online.
    Underlining this. UNITY is free, and the dox are THE best I've ever seen.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

How difficult is it to set up a simple rotatable model in Unity? Any chance that you can also add labels with pointers that track with the rotation? I'm guessing that you can set up parts/layers to turn on/off? I've always just assumed you needed programming/scripting knowledge to make anything work with the engines. It's def something that I'd like to explore if time ever permits...
    Last edited by devin; 08-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Okay keep yer wigs On !

Here Come the Cavalry.> Liberty3d with Chiton Webb

http://www.liberty3d.com/2015/11/7710/

(Turntable in Unity / how to / importing LWO's= result a standalone viewer)

Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    How difficult is it to set up a simple rotatable model in Unity? Any chance that you can also add labels with pointers that track with the rotation? I'm guessing that you can set up parts/layers to turn on/off? I've always just assumed you needed programming/scripting knowledge to make anything work with the engines. It's def something that I'd like to explore if time ever permits...
    It's quite easy in Unity but you need scripts to do it. A great thing with Unity is that there is a lot of ready made scripts so you don't have to do all the scripting yourself. There is also the asset store where you can find scripts and plugins that do what you need. I use a visual scripting plugin for Unity so I don't have to do regular scripting. If you want to do html5/webgl things in unity its easy but not optimal, unity creates very big files.

SketchFab is one more option. And a lot of fun - also easy to add extra 'eye candy'.

Client only needs a browser. Full screen is supported, and a Lightwave exporter is available. Notes, views, and simple viewer interactivity are easily added too.
    https://sketchfab.com/exporters/lightwave
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

But sketchfab is not offline.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

To be fair, the OP was probably observing that Unity is Free for the hobby version/use. If you are using it for work they do want you to buy licenses for work/pro use.

Another option: Blend4Web. A free add-on for Blender that exports your scene directly to a html file, and defaults to a viewer - no scripting required. Also offers a visual (nodal) interaction editor and full support for animation (which can be controlled with the visual interaction editor). As long as you do not intend to publish to the web, as far as I am aware you can use it to send 3d files for viewing to clients.

Blender 2.75 is the best version for importing LWO models, and I advise anyone to first open their LWO models in Accutrans to check for problems, and re-saving it. I found that this workflow works best to retain the textures, and it is easy to fix reversed normals. You may have to fix the materials, though.

https://www.blend4web.com/en/
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999 View Post
    To be fair, the OP was probably observing that Unity is Free for the hobby version/use. If you are using it for work they do want you to buy licenses for work/pro use.
    only if you make over $200K per year and are publishing games. this would be fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12