Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good Lightwave stories

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Nice work, how did you do the flow through the piping? I usually use HVs.
    It's a image sequence of animated fast noise from Fusion, colored and UV mapped on piping objects.
    System info: CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X RAM: 32GB DDR4/3200MHz MB: Asus Prime X570-P GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win10, LW2019x64

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

These are probably the best examples here ATM, I think they might be rendered in Octane, is that right? Anyway, I like the flow and presentation, the rack focus edits were a nice addition also.
    No Octane at all. It's all LW native renderer adjusted in Fusion.
    System info: CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X RAM: 32GB DDR4/3200MHz MB: Asus Prime X570-P GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win10, LW2019x64

Quote Originally Posted by kolby View Post
    It's a image sequence of animated fast noise from Fusion, colored and UV mapped on piping objects.
    Why not using procedurals in LW?
    Nice work by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Why not using procedurals in LW?
    Nice work by the way!
    I don't like them so much, so I'm doing it this way.

This one is more a bad story. Here is my first (and last) archiz work.

https://vimeo.com/208630047

I've done nine CGI scenes, two of them with camera tracking and composing into live shots. I did it for one small local studio. And they kill it with bad color correction and totally wrong skys they inserted there.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Some bloody good examples of work guys and girls.

Here's my latest reel, with everything done in LW, Octane and Fusion:

- - - Updated - - -

I've done nine CGI scenes, two of them with camera tracking and composing into live shots. I did it for one small local studio. And they kill it with bad color correction and totally wrong skys they inserted there.
    I see what you mean.. but still, nice work.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

my very first job with lightwave was for a commerical for nathens hot dogs -

just a logo that comes from behind earth.

=)

Here is a couple of my animations.
    Both works created using only Lightwave and After Effects.

Did everything. All modeling, texturing, animation and compositing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE0YvZd3upY

Project I worked with my brother on. He did all the photography, videography and editing. I did the various 3D bits, turntable, suspensions etc... and the main animation starting around the 5 minute mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8Lj5SF4zY
    Last edited by js33; 08-08-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Great stuff! I'm really digging seeing all the different genres and styles people are working in.

Don't have any good motion footage yet from this current project, but comical 'toon style' commercials are all the rage in this neck of the woods right now and I'm getting a fair flow of related work coming my way. Here's a quick screenie of the prep for the first scene, right before the a**hole boss strides in and ruins her day (to be followed, natch, by the trademarked character of the client's business swooping in to save the day). The piece will be done all in cel shade with edges mode on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office test 001.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	137624

TV commercials are hella silly but sometimes fun to make, and can pay decently if you have good clients.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Nice work everybody. I love seeing LW put to use!
    Break up epic desk sitting sessions with 5-15 min breaks and get your recommended daily dose of fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    just a logo that comes from behind earth.

=)
    Quite respectable. Flying logos, at least for me, are a cool fire-and-forget gig. Fast turnaround, the design work is mostly done, and clients love buying into animated marketing at a comparatively low rate. Plus, if they're really happy, there can be more work down the pike.

It's all good!

Mark
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

I agree with you on the color correction and the skies.. but your work was excellent, regardless, so even with those issues, the spot was still very good.

Sold a piece of artwork last night at the gallery. It was done in Lightwave...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SnoopyStarWars.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	391.7 KB 
ID:	137652
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Coolness. Nice work.

I love printing my digital art.I have sold quite a few prints. Not in a gallery mind you. But all done in LW.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Coolness. Nice work.

I love printing my digital art.I have sold quite a few prints. Not in a gallery mind you. But all done in LW.
    Yeah, that's hella cool (and fun to look at). I've printed a couple of my fantasy art pieces (all done in LW) and they tend to be well received at local art shows. Haven't seriously looked into selling any of them but it's an idea. For now I'm kind of possessive about them.

Mark

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast