Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p. Sdi 7/12/2017

Hi Steve,

So, I'm a little confused.

Of course, the Panasonic SDI would connect to the Spark to convert to NDI. Then, using the wireless capability, onward to the WiFi access point and then to the TriCaster. All good so far.

BUT, what of the Ethernet port on the Spark? Would it be possible, perhaps using a crossover cable, to connect that to the Ethernet port on the Panasonic to pass the PTZ control information back to the camera? Or, maybe that the device just runs either hardwire or WiFi exclusively at any time?

Or, perhaps I should scrap the notion of using WiFi all together and just hardwire the whole thing, using the little TP-Link switch noted earlier (I've used those TP-Link products and they are great for the price).

If I didn't have these existing cameras I'd jump in a second for the new NDI PTZ camera, though.

Thanks,

Fritz

Will the new NDI upgrades have any effect on which chips can be used for NDI? Will lower power chips be able to process NDI more efficiently now?
    TC40 v2
    TC855
    LiveText
    LT Scoreboard
    JVC cameras (700, 650 & 100)

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    A new section of forums specifically for these devices is now live.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    Hi Steve,

Of course, the Panasonic SDI would connect to the Spark to convert to NDI. Then, using the wireless capability, onward to the WiFi access point and then to the TriCaster. All good so far.
    Aah, there's the bit I missed - you're using Wifi from Spark to your main network - leaving your Spark RJ-45 free. I honestly don't know whether connecting from that port to the camera will give you pass through from the wifi to supply a control connection to the camera or not.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve,

BUT, what of the Ethernet port on the Spark? Would it be possible, perhaps using a crossover cable, to connect that to the Ethernet port on the Panasonic to pass the PTZ control information back to the camera? Or, maybe that the device just runs either hardwire or WiFi exclusively at any time?

Or, perhaps I should scrap the notion of using WiFi all together and just hardwire the whole thing, using the little TP-Link switch noted earlier (I've used those TP-Link products and they are great for the price).

If I didn't have these existing cameras I'd jump in a second for the new NDI PTZ camera, though.

Thanks,

Fritz
    As far as I'm aware, the RJ45 jack on the Spark is to connect to your network, it is not a pass-through from the WiFI side. A small switch near the camera would do what you need so both can be connected to a single long Ethernet run. While these units have WiFi, I would always recommend going with wired if you have the ability to work that way. Then you can save the WiFi spectrum for only the devices that need to be wireless.
    Last edited by kanep; 07-12-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

What are the 2 1/8" connectors on the Spark labelled In and Out? I can't make out the icon on top of the chassis. Audio for intercom?
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Audio for analog input, and analog loop-through when analog input is in use ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Quote Originally Posted by ZachSchuster View Post
    Thanks.
    Stereo, in case it matters.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

So I assume a new version of Adv Ed will be coming with NDI 3.0? If so, when can we expect it?

Also, regarding the improved encoding performance, 2500 fps for 1080p sounds impressive, but what was the number for the current (soon to be old) version of NDI, for comparison?

I think it was 2200fps in 1080 for NDI 2.0. So a little over 10% better performance.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Steve,

Thanks,

Fritz
    Fritz,
    Here is some news you might like to read.

https://www.productionhub.com/press-...s-and-switcher
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That's great news Kane! Now, I just have to hope that we can get that firmware update by November 1 as that's our yearly big event that I would really need it for.

If you're looking for a beta test site, think of us!

Thank you!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Fantastic work to all involved.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

UK based Live Production
    I'm nervous of a single point of failure and NDI has given me issues with stuttering signals at more than one event and SDI has saved the day so please no tricasters without SDI ports at the back just yet Dr Cross

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast