Thread: Daz Studio 4.9

Daz Studio 4.9

the release is out...if anyone have had the time to try it.please jump in and give some initial reviews, personally I am concerned it may overwrite my old Daz Studio 4.03.47 and I do not want that.
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/publi...features/start

just installed daz 4.9, I had to since my content for 4.0 seem to have vanished from my laptop or something, think I may have moved instead of copied it to another drive since I was afraid of loosing data due to my laptop almost giving up on me,.
    Anyway..had to get the newest content installer, I did a new repath in daz 4.0..but it still doesnīt find the files, so I thought ..what the heck, Iīll go for installing 4.9
    export of genesis 2 figures seem to work the same as those that were in 4.0, but that is as much as I gotten around to test it, textures are there, bones correct etc, while you may want to remove the transform bone and the genesis bone and leave the others intact.
    you ofcourse need to change glossiness since that comes in at too high levels, and all transparency seem to be the same, they are not loaded, so eyelashes has to be located manually and reverted, eye cornea and some other eye materials need to go through setting up correct transparency as well, or you would just have white eyeballs in there.

Unfortunately...daz4.9 did overwrite my old daz, I didnīt want that, and I do not like the content installers.

I do like some of their stuff but like Poser i dont like their way of installing stuff all over the place. I know why they do it but its a pain in the neck.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    I do like some of their stuff but like Poser i dont like their way of installing stuff all over the place. I know why they do it but its a pain in the neck.
    I agree..I wasnnīt fond of that installer, but I think I am learning how it works now, but how itīs then organized, do not like it at all.
    They could clean up that UI when it comes to finding stuff.

last version was 4.03 ...and now it was overwritten without even asking, that I didnīt like.
    I noticed that the UI seem to lag and becom much slower, even getting ghosting when I switch between different tabs.
    The iray renderer though, I think it looks great, though I am not sure if it is extremly slow daz viewports, or if my computer is too old, and apart from that my laptop has become sluggish, even for lightwave..so I can not tell for sure untill I get me a new machine within a week or so.

I like the sunsky which can be found in render settings and controlled in the environment, you can have bloom filter effects, vignette all visible in the viewport interactive iray, if your computer can handle it that is, those are some things I would like to see implemented for next lightwave..or upcoming release soon.

In fact I think the sunsky in iray daz is much better in quality realism than lightwaveīs sunsky, it also has a spectral rendering option to allow for a more depth going atmosphere, and unlike sunsky in lightwave..this seem to affect the atmosphere in front of figures in daz as well.
    depth of field is nice as well, working interactivly as well..
    Images..first renders in daz 4.9, nothing special ..just booted up genesis 2 figure and a fairy setting transform a bit for the head, selected eyes to point towards camera for some presence, the first image is hdr, and no depth of field, while the others are sunsky and with depth of field.

I think I would have a lot of work to reach that lighting and shadow quality in lightwave, apart from that you also got the textures and materials optimized for daz, it would be a lot of work to adjust surfaces and textures...and lighting in lightwave.
    If only they could pull off a good fiber tool for daz 4.9, if there isnīt already?

With better textures and better shading to introduce subsurface scattering ...and learning to control that in daz, and finding a good hair tool for it, then it could look absolutly great with very little effort...and a new machine to deal with it.

My first daz 4.9 renders...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first daz4.9_renders.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	137210

I'm looking around for Daz stuff and read your post. I just wanted to SAY that your characters are very nice looking. So - "Your characters are very nice looking." BTW I have the very latest 4.10 and was just looking for any info on Lightwave3D 2018 and importers and exporters for Daz3D and Blender (Which I may have to learn - Blender that is.)

You do know that all your characters you've bought PLUS a bunch of other useful stuff are at Daz3D. Just sign in then there's a number of things you can go to including your Product Library. Doesn't matter if you've crashed or you're starting all over, whatever. Mine has been there for years and there's a BUNCH of stuff.
    J Michael Carrigan
    I just had an attack. Malware.
    But now I have a DESKTOP from Xidax. Not the best but pretty dang good.