Thread: Can a Tricaster 40 send NDI (NDI transmit)to PC for NDI transmit?

Can a Tricaster 40 send NDI (NDI transmit)to PC for NDI transmit?

I'm working at an educational instiution where we're using BlackBoard Collaborate as our Learning Management System where the instructors can do live tutorials via webcam while displaying powerpoint decks. We were thinking of converting the output of our 40s so it's recognized as a webcam to improve our productions and started reading about NDI transmit.

Quote Originally Posted by pixmo View Post
    I'm working at an educational instiution where we're using BlackBoard Collaborate as our Learning Management System where the instructors can do live tutorials via webcam while displaying powerpoint decks. We were thinking of converting the output of our 40s so it's recognized as a webcam to improve our productions and started reading about NDI transmit.
    Unfortunately, the TC40 doesn't have any NDI support. You need to be on a TriCaster Mini or higher system to gain this feature.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

If you put an analog video capture card into a PC (Black Magic Intensity Pro 4k for instance), then you could take the output from TC40 into the PC and maybe your software will "see" the source as a web cam? I have a customer doing this with SDI to Black Magic capture into Adobe Connect and it works for them. If captured source doesn't work directly, then you could take that capture card input and convert to NDI using the NDI Connect app, then use NDI Transmit to make the NDI source available to apps as a web cam. Possible you could use an analog to SDI or HDMI converter, then use a Black Magic Mini Recorder (Thunderbolt to Mac) and avoid analog capture. Many ways to accomplish same end results.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

We use our T40 V1 as a web cam using A 'USB Live 2 Capture Device' Costs about $50 http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc..._usblive2.html and 'e2e soft VCam' software. It takes a bit of creativity to get it set, but we use it for Skype all of the time. It a very inexpensive solution that works a treat for a T40.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Make Your Films Effective DiscreetFX's Avatar
    Since the TriCaster 40 can’t support NDI is there anyway to capture a MacBook Pro screen with audio to the TC40? I’m only able to capture video with no audio with iVGA. I checked and it does not look like iVGA Pro ever came out for macOS.
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscreetFX View Post
    Since the TriCaster 40 can’t support NDI is there anyway to capture a MacBook Pro screen with audio to the TC40? I’m only able to capture video with no audio with iVGA. I checked and it does not look like iVGA Pro ever came out for macOS.
    The right combination of connectors to get you to Component for an input into the T40 and audio into the audio board?
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Make Your Films Effective DiscreetFX's Avatar
    I found a solution already on Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Sorry for the silly question. I believe a NewTek Spark could also help with this issue.
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!