Thread: Streams Stop at 00:00:00;21?

Streams Stop at 00:00:00;21?

Hi!

So I'm totally new to the Tricaster, and have managed to work through every problem I've encountered either by stalking these forums or through google black magic, so I'm sure this is something I'm just doing wrong, and I can't see it.

I can use both the Youtube and Facebook presets to connect my account, and they will see my pages, and event information. However, when I hit stream, it runs up to 00:00:00;21, hangs for a minute, then stops.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Best Wishes,
    Sean Slavik

This usually means that the stream is not getting through to the proper push point, or that the push point is rejecting it.
    Have you tried RTMP streaming to YT or FB?
    Have you checked your stream resolution and bitrate, to make sure it conforms with what YT and FB expect?

Quote Originally Posted by imryh View Post
    This usually means that the stream is not getting through to the proper push point, or that the push point is rejecting it.
    This was what I was thinking, but I don't seem to have any sort of feedback to confirm. I've not located any real logs or information to tell me where I'm getting turned away (by the push point, internally at our router, etc.)

Have you tried RTMP streaming to YT or FB?
    RTMP runs the stream counter, but the response from Facebook is "Offline" and the response from Youtube is "We aren't receiving any data".

Have you checked your stream resolution and bitrate, to make sure it conforms with what YT and FB expect?
    Yup! First thing I did was make sure that the broadcast setup was per Facebook's and Youtube's specs. For instance, my Facebook project is 720p30, and with RTMP was broadcasting at 1280x720 @ 2048k.

=================

I definitely think that something is blocking the stream, but I've been completely unable to identify what it is. Is there any way to see any feedback from the Tricaster, for instance? Other than the little dropdown left of "Export" that pops up occasionally?

Thank you!

Best Wishes,
    Sean Slavik

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Check your PM mailbox.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Zane nailed it! Thank you! I hadn't wanted to screw with updating drivers because of the embedded windows but that fixed it

Best Wishes,

Sean Slavik

We experienced that in my shop. Our stream would stop at 00:00:00:17. Turns out, our I.T. department needed our MAC Address to allow us to push a stream out. Something to do with port forwarding or somthing. ??

Quote Originally Posted by chance6Sean View Post
    Hi!

So I'm totally new to the Tricaster, and have managed to work through every problem I've encountered either by stalking these forums or through google black magic, so I'm sure this is something I'm just doing wrong, and I can't see it.

I can use both the Youtube and Facebook presets to connect my account, and they will see my pages, and event information. However, when I hit stream, it runs up to 00:00:00;21, hangs for a minute, then stops.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Best Wishes,
    Sean Slavik

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Check your PM mailbox.
    Zane I am having same problem on new Mini SDI AE running latest version.

Can you share the driver update info?

cjohnson @ bbwcg dot com

Quote Originally Posted by Goglplx View Post
    Zane I am having same problem on new Mini SDI AE running latest version.

Can you share the driver update info?

cjohnson @ bbwcg dot com
    I am having the same problem as well. HD mini AE

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Download and install this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Update-Utility then run it to update your drivers.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Download and install this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Update-Utility then run it to update your drivers.
    Worked perfect! The kids will be excited to know that they can go live on Facebook now.

Thanks!