Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GarageFarm.NET News

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    hi Pete, sorry i didn't reply, i multitask tons, so sometimes (hopefully few) i forget a reply.

thanks, this might be what i'll go for in the future, since different plugin versions (e.g. Dpont) work in slightly different ways.

i've been curious about Octane render farms also, but they seem to be a bit of a hassle ?
    and probably much more expensive ?
    Hi, Ericals.

I'm sorry for late response.

When it comes to rendering with GPU we support it with a different workflow than CPU network rendering which we support with our plugins.

We offer powerful GPU servers ( 10 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on each ), which we rent for hours of usage.

The expense depends on your scene and settings. With registration you get free credits for testing, so you can compare the cost of rendering of CPU and GPU projects. We have customers who choose GPU rendering because of cost and time efficiency and it seems that this is a general trend right now, so it's worth giving it a try.

If you need more detailed information, I encourage you to ask on our live webchat. We are online 24/7.
    Cheers

Peter
    GarageFarm.NET The Cheapest Render Farm - 20,000 cores and growing!
    Xesktop - Powerful GPU servers for rental

Hey Pete, good stuff on plugin updates.

I have question abotu your GPU system.

In case of rendering with LW+Octane you rent a machine/time on that machine and not actually Octane license(s) - right ? IF that is the case that means user has to login with it's own Octane license on that machine or what is the procedure?
    Also what software is used to control that GPU machine over net ?

Thanks
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Hey Pete, good stuff on plugin updates.

I have question abotu your GPU system.

In case of rendering with LW+Octane you rent a machine/time on that machine and not actually Octane license(s) - right ? IF that is the case that means user has to login with it's own Octane license on that machine or what is the procedure?
    Also what software is used to control that GPU machine over net ?

Thanks
    Hi, Lewis.

Yes, we rent the servers with Windows system installed. It works as a system image, so your whole setup is saved when you leave the server, and you start from the point you left it next time.

We can't rent the Octane license, because it is forbidden for render farms. Fortunately right now moving the Octane license from your computer to our server and back is a matter of a moment We have internet connection on the servers and last Octane has better way of moving the licenses that it used to be.

For connection, we use Windows RDC. We also are working on a big upgrade of this service, with very cool features and it will be ready soon.
    Last edited by Pete_GF; 05-18-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Cheers

Peter

Ok thanks fo rinfo,

I'm just kinda worried about activating my octane licenses on foreign machines 'coz it's simpel typign in user/password which is then active on that machine afterward but i trust you guys (used your farm in past) so it might be good option.

Just wondering what system/MB you have for 10 GPUs in single system ? I know win10 had issues even with 8 GPUs in 1 system and sometime PLX chip on MB requires lot of BIOS fiddling/rebooting to get it working properly without BSOD.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Ok thanks fo rinfo,

I'm just kinda worried about activating my octane licenses on foreign machines 'coz it's simpel typign in user/password which is then active on that machine afterward but i trust you guys (used your farm in past) so it might be good option.

Just wondering what system/MB you have for 10 GPUs in single system ? I know win10 had issues even with 8 GPUs in 1 system and sometime PLX chip on MB requires lot of BIOS fiddling/rebooting to get it working properly without BSOD.
    Unfortunately I cannot tell details about our severs setup, but it works with 10 cards We run many tests and many customers already has rendered without problems.
    Cheers

Peter

Hey guys

Interested in expanding to science and medicine clientele? Watch our free live stream interview with professional medical illustrator and animator, Emily McDougall on Friday, June 8th at 6 pm BST.

Medical animation and visualization are expected to balloon into a $301.3 million market by 2021 and more artists should carve their niche in this industry as early as possible. These specialized artists work closely with scientists and medical experts to create art for web, journals, film and television, mobile, and other media.

Here’s what you’ll learn based on Emily’s Experience:
    - What does it take to be a medical illustrator and animator?
    - Software insights for medical illustration and animation
    - A personal perspective on Emily’s workflow as a professional medical artist
    - And more

ABOUT Emily McDougall
    Professional medical illustrator and animator living in Edinburgh, member of the Institute of Medical Illustrators (IMI), BIOMAB (Biological and Medical Art Belgium) and a registered medical illustration practitioner with CAMIP (Committee for the Accreditation of Medical Illustration Practitioners).

Here is a link to our Facebook event ( stream ):

https://www.facebook.com/events/670679546596401/
    Last edited by Pete_GF; 06-07-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Cheers

Peter

that's Awesome  

i hope the stream can be uploaded to Youtube or such later on
    (for those of us without FB, or for future reference)
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Hi, erikals. Probably yes. I will make an update here when we will
    Cheers

Peter

Excellent!

Hi, erikals.

Here is a link to our live stream recording with Emily McDougall:

Getting into Medical Illustration and Animation with Emily McDougall

We also published our earlier livestream which you can find interesting:

Live stream with filmmaker Dan Masterton

'...If you're an aspiring filmmaker and have tried your hand at an animated short, you know how deep your commitment needs to be.
    Finishing a short is hard enough as it is, and when you've got a full-time job and your family to think about, it can seem almost impossible...'
    Cheers

Peter

Hi guys!

We have just released the new version of our farm plugin for Lightwave. We added new features and improved overall quality:

NEW FEATURES:

- We added support for Lightwave 2018.0.6 (Win/OSX).
    - The plugin now supports negative frame range.

FIXES:

- We Fixed copying .abc files under AlembicMotionContoller, copy procedure for .mdd cache files and added a checking procedure for TurbulenceFD caches.
    - We fixed stereo switch recognition in camera settings
    - An issue with too long paths to scene directory in Windows is now resolved.

If you want to check how our plugin and whole automation workflow works, I encourage you to watch our video tutorial on Youtube:

I encourage you to watch our video tutorial on Youtube:

The video explains how to:

- register on our render farm with $50 bonus starting credits
    - download and install renderBeamer
    - upload and submit your scene to cloud
    - track your job
    - download your frames

If you have any questions or in doubt, I will be happy to answer you here.

You can also use the live chat on our website, where you will get an immediate response. We are online 24/7.
    Last edited by Pete_GF; 10-02-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Cheers

Peter

Hi guys!

We have just released the new version of our farm plugin for Lightwave. We added new features and improved overall quality:

NEW FEATURES

- We added support for symlink workflow. This is a big update. This new assets relinking workflow significantly speeds up project preparation for rendering multiple cameras and scene versions. The assets are copied to the upload package only after checking if the they are already present on the farm.

- We support Lightwave up to versions 2019/2019.0.1

- We changed the prompt for TurbulenceFD caches - now it allows sending the scene without pre-cached files.

- We added support for .VDB assets

- We added a cost calculator to the plugin’s GUI – please note that it gives only a rough estimate and doesn’t consider the time of uploading the scene on nodes and opening it in Lightwave. The best way to get a close estimate is to run a test on the farm.

- We introduced an output path length checking procedure (output paths longer than 250 characters are not supported)

FIXES

- We fixed issues with our plugin not relinking .MDD dynamics caches.

- We Fixed issues with our plugin not-relinking objects and textures after changing names to md5 – our plugin supports non-standard characters in paths and names but it changes such characters to md5 numbers.

- W fixed an issue with Kray render elements turning off GI in a scene

- We fixed an issue with copying TurbulenceFD cache on Mac OS

- We Fixed an output issue with Lightwave 2019 scenes rendered on Lightwave 2018

If you have any questions or in doubt, I will be happy to answer you here.

You can also use the live chat on our website, where you will get an immediate response. We are online 24/7.
    Cheers

Peter

How to use online render farms

… and save time, money, eliminate stress and maximize your earning potential with cloud rendering

Hi guys!

We recently finished our work on the article about online render farms. There are a lot of tutorials out there but there was nothing that covered this subject from A to Z. Since running an online/cloud render farm and working with hundreds of customers is what we do on a daily basis, we thought that we could help[ fill that gap.

This two part article is based on years of experience with managing a render farm and providing cloud rendering as a service - helping the customers to get their frames rendered correctly and quickly, resolving technical issues, and answering tons of questions which often share common themes.

We decided that it would be good to address them all here.

Part I - How to use online renderfarms - Part I

In this part, we describe various kinds of render farm models, overview a typical render farm pipeline, and talk about the basics of cost estimation and general preparation steps which should be considered before starting to use an online render farm.

Contents:

- Introduction
    - Cost estimation
    - Online render farm models
    - An overview of a Cloud Rendering Service’s pipeline
    - Planning ahead – preparation

Part II - How to use online renderfarms - Part II

In this part, we address more specific subtopics of rendering with an online farm, like working with farm’s support team and advanced testing techniques for calculating cost estimates and filtering out possible issues in rendering.

Contents:

- Why small changes to a scene make a 100% different scene
    - Running Tests
    - Test with a step
    - Flicker/noise test
    - Testing still images
    - Low resolution animation test
    - Time estimation and priorities

We added many useful pro-tips and illustrations to both parts of the guide as well.

I hope you will find this knowledge useful and, thanks to this article, save the resources you need for the most important part - creating awesome CG!

If you have any questions I will be happy to asnwer them here.

For instant reply please contact us on our Live Chat, we are online 24/7.
    Last edited by Pete_GF; 04-17-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    Cheers

Peter

hi, info; some broken links. (part 1, part 2)

cool, if i use GF down the line i'll definitely check that out.  

Erikals - Thank you for heads up

That's strange, I cannot edit the message anymore.

Here are the links to the guides:

Part1 - https://garagefarm.net/how-to-use-online-render-farms/

Part2 - https://garagefarm.net/how-to-use-on...-farms-part-2/

You can apply the techniques from the guide using any online or inhouse renderfarm, or even on your workstation.
    Cheers

Peter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast