Thread: PTZ camera, Controller, Video Signal

PTZ camera, Controller, Video Signal

We are in discussions at my high school about installing PTZ cameras for live sports streaming. Thinking of the JVC PZ100, RM-LP100 Controller, and a monitor for each student running one of up to 4 cameras. At the football field, 2 cameras will be over 500' away from the Tricaster 460.

What is the best way to wire between all the cameras so that the controllers remain as latency-free as possible? Do I want to run 2 separate wires? One CAT 6 (for controller) and one fiber (for video)? 2 cables may not be necessary but better overall for performance of both controller and video?

Any helpful advice is appreciated!

Thank you.

Max Tash
    Harvard-Westlake School
    Tricaster 460
    3Play 440 (soon!)
    Tricaster Mini-SDI (soon!)
    Last edited by mtash; 06-01-2017 at 12:41 PM.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    We have a considerable amount of experience with PTZ style implementations. Are you only planning on using PTZ cameras for the productions or a mixture of PTZ and manually controlled? Are you planning on a portable setup to move around the campus for different events?

Having 2 separate lines in the JVC camera instance would be best for now. We have a camera solution we are using and rolling out that is a mixture of Pan/Tilt head/Remote Camera all controlled over a single Cat5 via NDI. I will have pictures and more info rolled out shortly. While it might be a little more expensive than the gear you initially listed, the possibilities down the road are tremendous. You also would save on fiber converter costs and installation of that fiber.

With a school setup you really should be thinking about a central master control room ideally. If your football stadium and MCR are on the same campus or even if not but on the same network, your base hardware of TriCaster, 3Play, Graphics can stay in one place and not have to be moved around from place to place. This ESPECIALLY is helpful with school related programs in keeping the wear and tear to a minimum on the gear.

If this completely confuses you then feel free to reach out to me by email or phone and I will be glad to give you more information.
    jef at pizazz dot com or 409-860-9283 ext 102
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Here is a link to the fabulous PanTilt head we are using with the new AJA 4K RovoCam cameras on them.

IP67 Waterproofed and as you can see in the video super smooth and super fast.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI