Thread: Freezing transform in layout

Freezing transform in layout

Hi,

Is there a way to freeze the scale of an object in layout?

The problem is, if I change the scale of an object, and I want to use for example fiber fx or bullet, the simulations are wrong because they use the original size of the object.

Thanks

File Save Trans Object

Thanks, but I don't want to save object. I want just to scale in layout without changing the obj file.

You already are scaling the object in layout without changing the file, but it doesn't work, so saving the object will. Now, if your oject is subject to bones or other transformations then it's useless. If you give us a little more info on exactly what the situation is (a sample scene preferably) we could try and find a work around.

I am not aware of a way to do this in LW.
    And I am fairly sure it is because of the limitations of the mesh system in Layout.

Frequenter
    Would applying your effects to a morphed (scaled up/down, i.e. applying BGMorph from a save-as-transormed object ) version of the object work? Not in front of LW, just a guess...

Well to put it in more technical terms. When you freeze trans an object in other apps you are in effect doing the same thing as save trans the object in LW.

This is because our access to mesh data in LW is split between the two formats of .lwo and .lws.

So in another app you are faced with the same issue. You would be fixing the transforms to the mesh data permanently. Usually if you wanted to preserve it you'd make a copy.

Here it is the same thing. Only the copy is saved to the .lwo format. And in LW the workflow is to then use replace object.

That probably makes the proceeds more complex for some things

Not sure if you can set the FFX to local or something but the morph solution is worth trying in layout. Try a scale morph and see if the FFX works better that way.
    Last edited by Surrealist.; 06-03-2017 at 10:35 AM.

TrueArt Support
    For projects like this I wrote Bake Scene plugin http://www.trueart.eu
    It's calling Save Transformed for every frame in animation, and saving them all.
    I suppose so your character with FiberFx will be moving?

If you save your object as fbx or obj you have the option to load it with a scale value this will leave the object in the same scale but you can load it in layout in whatever scale you want.