Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Update Chronosculpt

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Yup, it was a 'free' gift to all 2015 upgraders/buyers.
    I guess while it still has some value, then Newtek will and should charge for it, but agree it should probably now be reduced in price.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

As I understand it, it is still used. And to my knowledge there is no other tool around where you can adjust animation caches in the way it can. None that I've heard of anyway.

Zbrush can adjust, import export and sculpt and retime on mdd as well....no where near as intuitive and lacking certain features like pin....but it also has much better performance on large meshs. Had to use it on 1 or 2 occasions where chronosculpt was having trouble (smoothing out boat wake on an ocean sim baked to mdd)

I'd like to know how to do that. Is there a tutorial anywhere?
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18493&dateline=130857  4707

Last edited by jasonwestmas; 05-31-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

I tried it but Zbrush's mdd doesn't work with Softimage's mdd reader. Shame because apart from that, its quite good.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18493&dateline=130857  4707

An old copy of lightwave might be able to rebake the mdd?
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Zbrush animation support is horrifyingly poor. And then I'm being nice. But that is just my opinion, as I feel it is severely lacking.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 05-31-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Zbrush animation support is horrifyingly poor. And then I'm being nice. But that is just my opinion, as I feel it is severely lacking.
    Not zbrush related..but another question
    Do you got a copy of chronosculpt?

I did get it with the lw 2015 campaign..but I have honestly barely just opened it and fooled around with provided samples, not much else, partly becuase I have other things to do, partly because I want to see these features inside of lightwave and with scene context with other non exportable elements in One software, Heck I could even just use clothfx and edit some simpler stuff with the edit tool and drag sculpt in time from there, though I know itīs not really comparable to how chronosculpt performs and works.

I havenīt had any immediate need for it, If I had time I could probably cook up projects that could be cool to use, but as I said, I got loads of other stuff to do as well, and I actually take the route of learning blender sculpting as a priority task before going in to chronsculpt.

Well ChronoSculpt isn't a sculpting app, it's best use is for fixing simulations, that stray bit of shattered glass that ruins the shot. I shelled out for it when it was first introduced, and never used it for anything, I also bought ZBrush and have never really put that to use, bought a Surface Pro because I thought I needed a pen to screen tablet, my wife mostly uses that now and I just continue to use my cheapy bamboo tablet. I now think long and hard when I feel I "must have" some new toy.

CS is not just a tweak tool for those obssesive folks. . .CS sculpts chronologically in order on a timeline in a nonlinear fashion and allows you to rearrange "clips" or segments of point cache. . . in time Much like you would edit a film but with sculpting brushes. That's the core idea with CS And yes you can fix stuff that doesn't look right.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 05-31-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Not zbrush related..but another question
    Do you got a copy of chronosculpt?

I did get it with the lw 2015 campaign..but I have honestly barely just opened it and fooled around with provided samples, not much else, partly becuase I have other things to do, partly because I want to see these features inside of lightwave and with scene context with other non exportable elements in One software, Heck I could even just use clothfx and edit some simpler stuff with the edit tool and drag sculpt in time from there, though I know itīs not really comparable to how chronosculpt performs and works.

I havenīt had any immediate need for it, If I had time I could probably cook up projects that could be cool to use, but as I said, I got loads of other stuff to do as well, and I actually take the route of learning blender sculpting as a priority task before going in to chronsculpt.
    Ever hear the term "we'll just fix it in post"? That's what Chronosculpt is for most dynamics work. It allows you to get exactly what you want out of your Bullet sims. Great stuff and really nothing to learn - it's super easy to grasp.
    The only thing I don't get is why the heck can't you save out a .lwo with no Endomorph - that just seems dumb (or maybe I'm dumb )
    Last edited by Snosrap; 05-31-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Yeah.. I have no idea why export to lwo wasn't included. That really wasn't the best move.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    An old copy of lightwave might be able to rebake the mdd?
    I could do. It just gets a bit tedious workflow-wise. I haven't used LW in 10 years, so I wonder if I remember how to use it or if I can find my dongles.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Ever hear the term "we'll just fix it in post"? That's what Chronosculpt is for most dynamics work. It allows you to get exactly what you want out of your Bullet sims. Great stuff and really nothing to learn - it's super easy to grasp.
    The only thing I don't get is why the heck can't you save out a .lwo with no Endomorph - that just seems dumb (or maybe I'm dumb )
    Doesnīt make any sense to me refering it to that, though it has similarities,
    As I said before, I want it in layout ..fully aware of other elements that isnīt exportable, chronosculpt canīt get everything in(yes it may only be needed for dynamics etc) but in some cases that isnīt really true..there are situations where chronosculpt would be great if it worked inside of lightwave directly, and I want to skip export correct, sent back and check and avoid any possible hickup such transfer that may show up, it should be correct in scene and done.

When and if they get this tech inside of lightwave, then they really got something...sure it may help others with other software though, but then again, if they strangled chronosculpt and only provided it within lightwave, I would suspect they would actually get more lightwave licenses sold in relation to what Inside lightwave chronosculpt could provide, and apart from that as a feature, they would also have a full 3d tool of other things.

I donīt know if chronosculpt was a sucess or a major let down? I would guess that if it was a sucess, then it should perhaps show up in some sort of update, but so for not much is there? but again...just speculating wrong or right here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast