Thread: Modo sketch extrude and Lightwave Magic bevel- Origin and improvements

Modo sketch extrude and Lightwave Magic bevel- Origin and improvements

Looks like modo´s sketch extrude is a very close copied function from the old Lightwave Magic bevel, never mind a discussion about stolen and copied features from lightwave..we know the history etc, but what may the sketch tool do differently or better than magic bevel?

Informal and unbiased discussion around the actual tool, and perhaps how Lightwave next could improve that tool even better is welcome...and such discussion is probably useful for the developing team as well...if we can focus on that.

And here´s another one, for the comparison with Magic Bevel, same dude though (WV)...all over the place

meh, Modeler is pretty much left behind, so pretty much feel like skipping this.

wrote a gazillion suggestions... 5 years later... nothing...
    http://forums.newtek.com/archive/index.php/t-139159
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Always thought the inclusion of Magic Bevel with LW8.5 smacked of desperation, novelty rather than really useful new feature, felt from there on in LW was stagnating rather than going somewhere, seeing Modo trot this out sent me the same ominous message, Modo is starting to stagnate.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    meh, Modeler is pretty much left behind, so pretty much feel like skipping this.
    Yeah, but all is not lost, I think they know there are issues. The only thing is time - how long are we willing to hang around before we see signs the issues will be resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by gerry_g View Post
    Always thought the inclusion of Magic Bevel with LW8.5 smacked of desperation, novelty rather than really useful new feature, felt from there on in LW was stagnating rather than going somewhere, seeing Modo trot this out sent me the same ominous message, Modo is starting to stagnate.
    This is not new to Modo. It's been there since 203 and maybe earlier.

Yeah this has been in Modo forever. Modeling is hardly stagnated in Modo, it's been improved in every version since 101.