Thread: PTZ Camera & Controller with monitor??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PTZ Camera & Controller with monitor??

Very seriously looking into PTZ cameras and controllers to install in several athletic venues on campus for sports broadcasts. Anyone doing that kind of sports production now? Ideally looking for any recommendations for good quality HD PTZ cameras and no latency controller with monitor??

Quote Originally Posted by mtash View Post
    Very seriously looking into PTZ cameras and controllers to install in several athletic venues on campus for sports broadcasts. Anyone doing that kind of sports production now? Ideally looking for any recommendations for good quality HD PTZ cameras and no latency controller with monitor??
    In the same boat. We are purchasing two cameras to go over top of our ice hockey goals to give referees replay review capabilities. We are most likely going with a pair from Axis Communications, after seeing them in action at the Denny Sanford Arena in Sioux Falls. Price, performance and Tricaster integration all check out.

We use Sony PTZ cameras for over-the-goal at hockey games.
    We use PTZOptics PTZ cameras for talent.

All good with Tricaster.

For our new basketball setup, we got three of the new JVC PTZ cameras, with the JVC PTZ Controller. We saw it in action at NAB, and it was quite impressive.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    It depends on your budget really. There are OK PTZs, Good PTZs, and Holy Cow PTs. If you are doing only streaming and don't have a TV output to worry about then the Ok and Good ones might work for you. After that, Well after you use the Holy Cow ones, it is literally a game changer. I will post on a separate post some of our results with our production company's newest camera setup. It is impressive but it is not for the faint of heart/pocket.

The $4-9k camera are now much smoother moving and usually use better lenses with better sensors too. If you want true broadcast quality then it is suggested to kick it up a notch or 10.

We just received some new units that are the little brothers of our full on 4K broadcast setups. They are called the Whisper head from Mark Roberts Motion Control. They are designed for the AJA RovoCam which is by itself a tremendous bang for the buck. The combo comes in at around the same cost of the Panasonic and Sony PTZs at the 8-9k range. The movement and full control capabilities though on the other hand are just hands above anything else on the market.

We will be doing some further testing on the new Whisper heads ourselves next week. Once I have everything sorted and configured, I will post some videos of the setup.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Oh yeah, be thinking of this with your PT or PTZ setups, the camera operators do not necessarily need to be in the same location as the cameras.
    This is a glimpse of our new setup we are using now. We just recently did an event where the camera I controlled was in Savannah, Ga while I was in the office in Texas. Mind BLOWING times!
    Combined with NDI.cloud and comms over IP, it was like I was sitting in the production truck.

Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams

Jef, will you adopt me?
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    Jef, will you adopt me?
    Not the first time I have been asked that believe me. Thanks for the grin.
    Maybe not adoption but we are hiring. I have enough adopted already.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams