Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2279

Thread: Three months, no release, no FB posts since early April, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Asked and answered so I'll try this - Does Rob Powers still work at Newtek?
    Well, the reason I asked is that Tim might be "at that age" to hand the rudder over to someone else. I always had a feeling Lightwave was his pet application, and perhaps he's looking for a new home? Of course, again pure speculation.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Well, the reason I asked is that Tim might be "at that age" to ...
    Nah, he's just a 'lad' yet.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    ...but as far as I am aware there have been no recent staffing changes.
    So he went a while back then?
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    So he went a while back then?
    yea, i thought that was a bit of a clever dodge too, 14 months ago is not really "recent"
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Dammit.

I wish this wasn't happening. But my gut tells me we are being gaslighted. These non answers and the sketch6 behavior among those supposedly making the next version is doing nothing to build trust... my trust is now broken with newtek.

Previous Amiga toaster /flyer owner since 1997. Been with lw for 20 uears.

Looking for other options now. I don't like feeling like I'm being abused.

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    yea, i thought that was a bit of a clever dodge too, 14 months ago is not really "recent"
    Video and Animation Auteur

Best options are Houdini Indie and Blender. C4D if you don't mind paying a lot. Then Maya if you can put up with AD subscription prices. Then of course Modo if you don't do a lot of animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Dammit.

I wish this wasn't happening. But my gut tells me we are being gaslighted. These non answers and the sketch6 behavior among those supposedly making the next version is doing nothing to build trust... my trust is now broken with newtek.
    LW Group does not feel they owe their customers straight answers. But Dr. Cross, of Newtek, assured us they are working on the next version of Lightwave and will release when it is ready. I don't believe he would have entered the discussion if he was not confident that Lightwave Next was on its way.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't spend a lot of time with the LW team (hardly any, really), but as far as I am aware there have been no recent staffing changes. I think I'd know.
    Does that mean you don't actually see him anymore in the newtek premises??
    I guess he must be working in avatar 99% and lightwave 1% in his free time.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, the good thing with that statement is that it said in not so many words that we can expect more features than we have already seen, "so have focused on continuing to make this the best Lightwave" as all the features we have been shown were already in and working with the new lightwave, so we have had over a year of continued development, its just we don't know what and we don't know how much longer that development is going on for, and still another 3 months of silence even though top brass even agreed the silence of LWG is a bit off!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

At this point, Newtek/LW3DG's failure to provide fixes/maintenance for the currently-sold version of LW is probably as, if not more, damaging to their customer relationships as absent communications on the next version.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Does that mean you don't actually see him anymore in the newtek premises??
    I guess he must be working in avatar 99% and lightwave 1% in his free time.
    Or he works from home, or SBowie works from home, or he spends most of his days visiting studios, or he's visiting a foreign studio, or one of them works in the basement, or he's sick, or 1000 other possibilities.

I mean, you could be right, but when there is only one member of the entire Newtek staff that still communicates with us, squeezing his every message to extract an ominous possibility behind his words is, quite likely, counterproductive for our interests?

I guess the fact that such a simple and harmless question is so difficult to answer says a lot. The only reason to avoid or dodge it must be that the answer would cause reactions......
    Last edited by Wickedpup; 11-03-2017 at 04:43 AM.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    STD (appropriately abbreviated IMHO) seems like an attempt to retcon Into Darkness into a Good remake of ST:TWOK. Spore drive runs counter to the whole point of the ST universe. Space is really big, and your ship is out there on its own. You can’t just ask for help, because even consulting by subspace communication could take days or weeks.

It doesn’t matter how risky it is, someone would take the chance in the face of the borg invasion, for example.

Klingons are all wrong. They should have made them Gorn, rather than maligning a race so beloved by fans that they actually learn a fictional language, never mind how they botched the appearance.

Saying they represent Trump supporters was just bad. If you think half the country is looking to eat you with a side of mashed potatoes, you’re an idiot. Dismissing the people who voted for him is part of what got him elected, and statements like that will not help.

Anyway ham-fisted dark and ‘edgy’ isn’t Star Trek, no matter how self righteous your soapbox. Star Trek was always about an optimistic look at how good we could be in the future and overcoming people like the entire cast of the show.

In other news, about Lightwave- oh wait, there isn’t any.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

We could obviously make a lot of people happy and make ourselves more money by just putting it out there but you are fans of Lightwave because that is not how we operate and because we truly try to make it the best product we can often at our own expense. We are not about to change that, it is who we are ...

Andrew Cross,
    President and CTO,
    NewTek

Everything else is just a noise..

Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast