Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2279

Thread: Three months, no release, no FB posts since early April, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jperk View Post
    You know somethings off when Snosrap is fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Oh is that where it came from? lol....

But it has gone way past the point of taking normal situations into consideration. On both sides. I think it has long past the point of complaining about a wait. And long past the point of remaining patiently optimistic.

This is not good. It is not business as usual. It is not just developers withdrawing from too many complaints. It has long surpassed the point that we would be discussing how customers are treated and certainly a no brainer that there is no point in discussing marketing.

Offices closed in Burbank. That is by itself merely an effort to cut costs. But taken into context with it not being mentioned. Ken even had a cryptic response. Could have simply come out and apologized that it was not mentioned. Offices were closed as of...

None of us knew. No mention from NT. Continued silence and more crypic messages from staff and moderator we are supposed to decrypt, somehow.

I gotta say. If anyone especially NewTek is going to try and sell this as business as usual, I don't know man.

If they just release LightWave as if none of this happened I - a former appplogist - will be the first to cry FUBAR.
    +1 Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post

I gotta say. If anyone especially NewTek is going to try and sell this as business as usual, I don't know man.

If they just release LightWave as if none of this happened I - a former appplogist - will be the first to cry FUBAR.
    My take on it is that lawyers are involved. That means gag orders and NDAa are in place. It is the only explanation I have for this black hole of silence.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Totally plausible. A sale in the works. Or whatever. Good news or bad news whatever your take on that. But no way gag orders of this magnitude are business as usual.

But...but...Dr. Cross said there was no conspiracy.

This is too ******* strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    A company is people, people generally do the best they can in the circumstances they find themselves with the resources they have available.

Shouting and complaining at people yields withdrawal. I mean, would you want to talk to someone who is always publicly moaning and complaining about you or your company at every opportunity?
    That is a rhetorical question. (To clarify what I am saying, .....in any situation when dealing with hostility, communication between two parties becomes a matter of necessity, but not driven by a desire to talk.)
    There is a difference between communication between people, and communication between a company and its customers. If I had delivered a product and received payment from them I would feel OBLIGED to talk to them no matter what. (And as I have pointed out before, most companies deal with it in a different way so why LWG is so special I have yet to hear anyone explain to me). I can choose what kind of customers I want BEFORE I have sold them anything but when I have taken their money I have wavered that right. And the one thing I would not do is treat customers that I perceive as "unprofessional" in an unprofessional manner....that only makes me a hypocrite. But that is just me.....
    On a side note.....I wonder if Newtek treats their Tricaster customers the same way.....somehow I doubt it.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    I would second that major version release dates are misleading. I wasn’t that interested in LW11 and only bought in after the feature update in 11.5.

It also seems to me like there is some kind of NDA/gag order in place. I just do not want understand what is taking so long. 6 months is plenty of time to at least announce a billion dollar merger or to state that we are on the side of the righteous the lawsuit with X.

Are they buying softImage from AD? What is sticky enough to shut everyone up? None of the videos we’ve seen show a massive change to LW. So what the blazes is going on over at Fight Club? NT can’t or won’t tell us, and it is costing them customers.

The more you hold out, the more incredible LWN will have to be to justify what is happening now. It is getting difficult to imagine something incredible enough, and I can imagined me quite a bit.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

what he said

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    LW Release Dates
    by Surrealist

Well, it looks like LW10 was a long wait to.

As was pointed out already, the reason it took so long for 10 was 2 reasons. One, version 9 had several feature updates. And of course the other reason was they were also developing LightWave CORE at the same time which they ulimately sh¡t canned. Neither of those is the case for LW 2015.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar

LW 9 had feature rich updates and no long silences. Read the release notes.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    As was pointed out already, the reason it took so long for 10 was 2 reasons. One, version 9 had several feature updates. And of course the other reason was they were also developing LightWave CORE at the same time which they ulimately sh¡t canned. Neither of those is the case for LW 2015.
    Well, there was sort of a wait for LW2015. Wasn't released until the end of 2014. I say if we don't hear anything within the next several months, then something isn't right. Maybe Newtek is waiting for 2018 to come around before announcing anything since 2017 is almost over.
    Last edited by jperk; 10-24-2017 at 08:46 AM.

if nothing by the end of the year the i consider it time to call a pmg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angry-mob.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	448.5 KB 
ID:	138367  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pmg.PNG 
Views:	115 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	138368

Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast