Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Three months, no release, no FB posts since early April, etc.

Three months, no release, no FB posts since early April, etc.

So not one, not two, but three months after the three month prediction was made, a LW release (somewhat predictably) has not occurred. At the same time, no blog or FB posts since Apr 7th (and those were first in a while).

Can someone official from LW3DG please be honest and tell us what's going on?

The oft-prior-used, cliche "we want to be sure everything's right" line is ringing very hollow of late.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Maybe they meant 3 months on Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    So not one, not two, but three months after the three month prediction was made, a LW release (somewhat predictably) has not occurred. At the same time, no blog or FB posts since Apr 7th (and those were first in a while).

Can someone official from LW3DG please be honest and tell us what's going on?

The oft-prior-used, cliche "we want to be sure everything's right" line is ringing very hollow of late.
    I normally think jwiede is a bit negative, but in this case, I think he is right. We need LW3DG to be clear. They have the opportunity to differentiate from the other companies.
    LW3DG, let's make a change, let's be the change.

+10
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    I normally think jwiede is a bit negative...
    No??? Really???? :P

I'm sure threads like this will really help matters
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I think it's valid by this point to voice some disquiet.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

It would be nice to hear straight from the horse's mouth. It's a good time to either announce a firm release date, or come clean about some difficulties, and give an estimated time-frame to release. In that we all want the software to come out, and want it to be great, we are all on the same side. A little communication goes a long way.

I don't care any more... if it comes out.. great. If not... well, too bad. All I can say is that from now on, my plugin investments will primarily be with C4D. Its been a year now, and I no longer have the luxury to wait around for news (not that I've been standing still) That ship have sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    I don't care any more... if it comes out.. great. If not... well, too bad. All I can say is that from now on, my plugin investments will primarily be with C4D. Its been a year now, and I no longer have the luxury to wait around for news (not that I've been standing still) That ship have sailed.
    unfortunately, the same but with modo/max. No news = no faith in anything happening and I need to see some progress to consider future use on projects. it could come out and be brilliant but who cares if by that time, we are using something else as the primary dev app.

I'd also like to see some info on bugs fixed and enhancements to existing features; any info on Allembic or other ways to allow for anim to be done elsewhere and renders done in lw would be welcome.

I have visited the forums expecting to see some info but nothing, nothing on the dev blog. It puts you off bothering to look and you start visiting other 3d app forums for info and conversation.
    Last edited by gar26lw; 05-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.

There is indeed a first time for everything. The day finally came when I can say unequivocally that I completely agree with something JW wrote. Amazing.

I will state, maybe for a second or third time, that I would be thrilled to plunk down my $299 for a paid beta. We can run multiple versions of LW simultaneously and there is simply no good reason for holding back anymore. Just release it already. I have serious doubts these days that LWN is going to set the damn world on fire. This isn't the Manhattan Project, and lives, even livelihoods (except yours LW3DG) are not in the balance. Let us put some money in the kitty for you. I'm sure you could use the cash.

You can all watch this while you wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0zPOpADL4

:-/

are you looking at the correct facebook page, they have been posting lots of cel shade stuff, demo reals etc all through may and there was a news letter on april 28th so they are obviously still around, but yes it is very disappointing there has not been a release or any sign of a release, I am very close to jumping ship now and just about ready to sit down and learn something else as I have needed two major bugs to be fixed for well over a year now,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

still waiting? = still worth the wait

i could complain about... LightWave's state... the problem is,
    i could complain about... Modo's state...
    i could complain about... Blender's state...
    i could complain about... AutoDesk's state...
    i could complain about... Softimage's... ... oh wait...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Yeah well.. the problem here is that the polar caps are melting faster than the stream of news we're getting. Like I said, I don't care any more. I have better (more important) things to do.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 05-16-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    So not one, not two, but three months after the three month prediction was made...
    Definetly you will not have a career as a song writer.

And whom said it was three months on Earth time.
    Announcements of dates on releases by NewTek we always know are on NewTek time, that runs slower than earth time.
    So they still have time.

Why you dont ask Foundry when they are going to have a proper IK system with functional constraints and stretching, it has been since 601 that they do not have one and I don't see you asking them that question.
    I wonder why you still insist on measure two companies doing the same sins with different rules... and only post the "uncomfortable" question about one of them...

Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast