Thread: How to get rid of the jagged lines

How to get rid of the jagged lines

Hi all!

I have a problem with the jagged lines on the door frame (see the picture below) as I had tried to do it in different way (see the picture of my setting) and it won't solved.

I aware of that oversample tools can help to solve it a bit, however, I don't want oversample cover on it to became soft quality pictures. I prefer hard quality as (see the same picture below).

I wonder you have any tips to rid of the jagged lines, please.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Keddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridor_jagged_lines_02.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	136771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridor_jagged_lines.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	136772  

The closer you get to vertical lines the harder it is for straight lines to get antialiased. There are two things you can try. 1. keep the camera straight vertically (wich you should unless you are going for a horror-thriller vibe) 2. Render at doble resolution, you can then get away with much lower antialias and radiosity settings, then scale it down to normal. Alternatively isolate the zone with a limited region and try different reconstruction filters. Good luck.

Hey danner,

Ahh, I get it clearly now. I am experimenting on short animation currently as If I want to edit the jagged line into vertical line in the render then I have to get different way rather than vertical line.

Thanks many for your help

Cheers

Frequenter
    Hi thekko,
    I am not really sure as I actually do not find you vertical lines so jaggy at all... maybe its my weak eyesight. ;-]
    Well, whatever: your max samples are really high, I doubt that such a high setting is really necessary. What I feel is a tad low: the value for adaptive sampling. I like use more like 0.05 / 0,07 as a minimum (plus a bit of oversampling, in the range of 0.2 - works at least for me in most cases with soften too much).
    And check your sample settings in the "Render"-tab, what are the light and especially the shading samples there?

If you can't get it to work, then try double the resolution (I know you spoke of oversampling) and later scale it down by half. I'm sure you have some tool that can automatize that And you should still get a crisp image doing that. If you get a fuzzy look, then you're probably scaling down using a resampling method that blurs the image.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 05-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.