Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updating web apps

Great to hear you got it going.

Also, I just posted a new video on the Spreadsheet app page that explains how the new features work.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jroller View Post
    I am on a Daktronics Show Control computer (HP Touchscreen) using IE. On the Mac, I was using the IP address (192.168.0.150). Trying on Chrome on the PC. Stay tuned.....
    IE11 will have problems. It can be made to work, but you have to change a setting.

1. Open Internet Options
    2. Click on the 'Settings' button under Browsing History.
    3. Choose the option 'Every time I visit the webpage'

After that all of my apps will work with IE11.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Having a web app open the same file over and over from the local computer file system isn't possible. A web browser sandboxes JavaScript programs, so I do not have access to the local computer's file system. When you press the 'open file' button, it gives the JavaScript program a tiny amount of access allow thru the browser to a file that is selected. The web app doesn't even know the path to the file, it is just given the data the you select. Because of this, it isn't possible to have my web app reopen the file again without the user selecting it from the open dialog window each time.

For something like this, it would have to be written in C or C++.

I do think that NewBlue FX Titler has the ability to read in external data and update it as the external data it updated in a file.
    I figured it couldn’t be as easy as I was hoping. Thanks for the insight though!

Feeling a bit under the weather, so time to update some web apps!

- Added a recording status indicator to WebTally. Now when recording is active, a camera icon will appear in the upper right corner.

- Increased the number of fields in DataLink Titler from 8 to 16.

Download at http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane -

Just updated my Mini HDMI to AE3. Webtally gives me an error 404 file not found. I did reinstall the latest version after AE3.

You have no idea how many times it's already saved me!

Feeling a bit under the weather, so time to update some web apps!

- Added a recording status indicator to WebTally. Now when recording is active, a camera icon will appear in the upper right corner.

- Increased the number of fields in DataLink Titler from 8 to 16.

Download at http://bit.ly/kanesworld

I think I see what is happening.

The folder for web apps in AE2 is "C:\ProgramData\NewTek\TriCaster\Configuration\web _tc"

For AE3/TC1 it is "C:\ProgramData\NewTek\TriCaster\Configuration\web "

I think what is happening, is that on AE2 systems which had my web app installed before you upgrade to AE3, the old directory is left behind because my files are present. When my web app installer runs, it looks for folders that can be found on different model TriCaster systems, finds the AE2 one first, and installs files in it, but it really needs to be installing into the new AE3 location.

I'm working on updating my installer script to handle this situation. I'll let you know when they are all updated.
    Last edited by kanep; 02-09-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Looks like I've got the installer figured out so web apps will install correctly on AE3 systems that have been upgraded from AE2. You will need to download the app installers and run them again on the system.

Before I go any update all the code, there is one more piece of information that I'm hoping that someone can help me out with. I'd like the verify the model name of the TriCaster Mini SDI unit because I think it has changed in AE3 (my Mini SDI system is shipped out). If someone has a Mini SDI with AE3 on it, can you type the following command into a the URL of a web browser on the network. Replace the sample IP with the IP of your TriCaster system.

Code:
    http://127.0.0.1/v1/version
    After you run this (it might also ask for a password, admin/admin is the default), it will return XML information. The only line I'm interested in is the very first one labeled as <product_model>. I need to know exactly how it is shown. It should be similar to what you see below. (I'm guessing XDMINISDI, but want to verify).

Code:
    <product_model>XD460</product_model>
    Many of my web app detect the model of TriCaster they are controlling by asking for the product model information. This allows the app to show the proper resources available on the system to be controlled (number of inputs or M/E available, etc). On my Mini HDMI unit, I have noticed the product model changed slightly, so I'm guessing that the same has happened on the SDI model. My apps will run even without a proper detection, but they will default to a minimal level of resources (which happens to match the Mini, so not really a big deal, but I'd like it to be correct just in case).
    Last edited by kanep; 02-10-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have modified all of my web app with an installer that will find the correct web server folder on AE3 systems. Also, I've tested all of my apps to make sure they are compatible with AE3 and fixed any apps that had issues.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Last edited by kanep; 02-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Second time! I've updated all of the installers again, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) all of my web app should install on AE2 or AE3 correctly. If you download the versions from Feb 10, 2019, to install on AE2, download them again and they should work.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Second time! I've updated all of the installers again, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) all of my web app should install on AE2 or AE3 correctly. If you download the versions from Feb 10, 2019, to install on AE2, download them again and they should work.
    Hi Kane, I was using the webtally app for awhile with AE2 and it worked perfectly. I recently upgraded to AE3 and reinstalled (I went through this thread and verified it was installed in the right directory). When I access from a laptop everything works great but when I use it over iOS (iPhone) you need to refresh the webpage in order to see a program/preview change. I tried requesting the desktop site but that didn't fix the issue and experienced the same problem over multiple phones. Must be a script not loading or something? The Tricaster that I'm using is a Mini SDI. - Mike

I'll have to try it when I get a chance, but that might not be until next week, from what I last recall it was all working on iOS. There is no mobile site versus desktop site with my apps, it is all the same code that get loaded on to everything and adapts as needed.

It strange that it works on the laptop but on the phone. The device is triggered when a tally change occurs on the TriCaster, which will notify the devices talking with it to perform a tally check.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12