Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RHiggit Face Factory Beta discussion

The only thing that comes to mind is that the plugin is specifically looking for the license file in the Lightwave install tree - c:\program files\newtek\lightwave2018.0.6\support\plugins\fol der\rhdata - for the file. I use an OS trick (SymLinks or Junction Points, I forget which) to make it look like my external plugin folder is actually there, and I have had no problems.

I would also check file permissions on the folders to make sure it can be read.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Hi. I am having problems with scaling and a few usage questions. LW2019.0.1

I have a figure that is 1.66m. Head is about 20cm from chin to top of head. I cannot rig the face with out the bones being messed up in some way.
    I found out that the size that fits best is 0.4. But if i scale it before or after BUILD it will eventually mess up bones.
    If i build in size 1.0 and rig after that i seem to be moving the bones out of the inteded design. It will mess up.

Any thoughts?

The wireframe image shows the difference between the preset build and my lwo.

I get some different results all together. I suspect me or LW more than RHFF. What is best practice ? Load an object first and apply the plugin ?
    From where should i use bones ? (Use bones from..) Self or object seems to work from time to time. Other times the FaceControlRig...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anmærkning 2019-02-09 004520.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	144058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anmærkning 2019-02-09 004330.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	144059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anmærkning 2019-02-09 004242.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	144060

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    So... this is an issue with the placement of nulls on splines. Basically... to give movement over the curve of the skull, FF uses splines to track the brows along, and those are drive by nulls which use expressions to place them. There seems to be misbehaviour when things get below a certain size, that causes the nulls to bunch down ear to the start of each spline... it's one of the things Ive been trying to find a good solution for, but it's being a tricky bugger.

For the time being, I would suggest perhaps increasing the size of your mesh in modeler, so as you're rigging a slightly bigger object, then in layout have the mesh, ad facerig, whole hierarchy thing, parented to a master global null which you can then scale down to shrink the character overall (once you've completed the rigging). Its a bit of a fudge, but might serve you for the time being.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks for your answer. It is not such a big issue to do a work around. I tried several times with different settings. Happy to hear it was not related to my work.
    An idea could be presets ? Adult, Child, manga, chibi...(and probably many more..) These proportions differ a lot from the human skull.
    This object I would call mild manga. Real manga is totally out of human proportions (just mentioning this as there are quite a few japanese Lightwavers)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    So... this is an issue with the placement of nulls on splines. Basically... to give movement over the curve of the skull, FF uses splines to track the brows along, and those are drive by nulls which use expressions to place them. There seems to be misbehaviour when things get below a certain size, that causes the nulls to bunch down ear to the start of each spline... it's one of the things Ive been trying to find a good solution for, but it's being a tricky bugger.

For the time being, I would suggest perhaps increasing the size of your mesh in modeler, so as you're rigging a slightly bigger object, then in layout have the mesh, ad facerig, whole hierarchy thing, parented to a master global null which you can then scale down to shrink the character overall (once you've completed the rigging). Its a bit of a fudge, but might serve you for the time being.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Anything in the Clannad++ space would be just about a no go, imo...

LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Just wanted to note this here - for other users:-

I'm getting an invalid Licence Error come up for FaceFactory in Layout 2019.0.3 (64)
    working fine in Layout 2018.0.3 (64).

Installed same dir, same plug-ins and same Menu branch into 2019.0.3
    and then get Invalid Licence error.

I have contacted Rebelhill - he going to check it out -

@Kryslin - I tried adding Licence file to the RHiggit2/RHData dir like you have shown, but this hasn't worked for me
    "one rig to rule them all"
    PC Spec: Intel i7 X980 3.33GHz | 24Gb | ATI FirePro V5800 | W7
    https://vimeo.com/kevbarnes/showreel
    https://littlstar.com/kevbarnes
    https://www.talenthouse.com/kevbarnes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbarnes View Post
    I'm getting an invalid Licence Error come up for FaceFactory in Layout 2019.0.3 (64) working fine in Layout 2018.0.3 (64).
    I'm a fresh FF user and seeing the same licensing error in 2019.1. I'll keep tinkering in 2018.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    I'm a fresh FF user and seeing the same licensing error in 2019.1. I'll keep tinkering in 2018.
    The same things. FF does not want to be licensed for 2019, but normally licensed for 2018.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234