Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kryslin's lScripts

Bias maps are RGB vertex color maps, with the vector being a color value. The values can be either in the range of -1 to 1, or remapped to 0 to 1 ( (value + 1) / 2, and use the remapped value check box)

The FiberFX tool in modeler makes Bias maps, though it's all manual. There were issues with my bias map maker in 2018, that despite having been reported and fixed, they still exist, and crash layout to the desktop when they occur. I think it has to do with LWO2 meshes being converted into LWO3 meshes, because that's where it occurs the most.

The style combing script does make the fibers flow around the object quite nicely - it's what 'sleekness' does; The higher the value, the closer it lies to the surface, similar to what the Sasquatch control of the same name does.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I'm getting ready to release a couple of bug fixes for both the Style Combing tool and the Modeler delete style maps tool. I don't know if I'll manage to get the select a point to brush away from functionality in, though. Parts functionality will be ver 1.2 of Style Comb, though.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Cool! Thanks, Kryslin, for continuing to support and release these tools!

I'm actually going to skip V1.15, and move straight to V 2.00!

I now have working parts functionality! I've also refactored the code quite a bit and cleaned out some of the unused stuff as well, along with cleaning up the UI a bit as well.
    I'll be reworking how Gravity is handled, and how much influence the axis has the farther away from the brushing point you are.

It should also use a point selection for your brush away from location as well.

I'll let you know when it drops.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

hmm, interesting....  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Ok... The last of the annoying bugs are out of the quick comb script.
    Things you can now do:
    1) Use parts instead of surfaces, for your geometry to comb / comb away from.
    2) Use a point selection as your comb away from point.
    3) Fixed fiber length and using a weight map are no longer exclusive; Using a weight map multiplies the fiber length in the numeric control, instead of one or the other.
    4) Fiber Curl is no longer fixed. You can now set your own value, which alters how sharp the bend in the fiber is. I'll add weight map control to it at the next update.
    5) Gravity is no longer fixed.
    6) Axis bias - with a non-zero strength, and the appropriate boxes checked, fibers will pull more along the X and Z axis

Things that have improved:
    1) Slight speed increase, about 10% faster, due to new algorithm for combing. I wish someone would have pointed me at the equation to project a vector onto a plane a couple of years ago.
    2) Version number is now 2.01.
    3) Refactored the source code, added more comments.
    4) Debug() command removed.

I'll be updating the zip file, I'll let you know when the new one is up, most likely by Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... The last of the annoying bugs are out of the quick comb script.
    Things you can now do:
    1) Use parts instead of surfaces, for your geometry to comb / comb away from.
    2) Use a point selection as your comb away from point.
    3) Fixed fiber length and using a weight map are no longer exclusive; Using a weight map multiplies the fiber length in the numeric control, instead of one or the other.
    4) Fiber Curl is no longer fixed. You can now set your own value, which alters how sharp the bend in the fiber is. I'll add weight map control to it at the next update.
    5) Gravity is no longer fixed.
    6) Axis bias - with a non-zero strength, and the appropriate boxes checked, fibers will pull more along the X and Z axis

Things that have improved:
    1) Slight speed increase, about 10% faster, due to new algorithm for combing. I wish someone would have pointed me at the equation to project a vector onto a plane a couple of years ago.
    2) Version number is now 2.01.
    3) Refactored the source code, added more comments.
    4) Debug() command removed.

I'll be updating the zip file, I'll let you know when the new one is up, most likely by Wednesday.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

cool, have loads of projects going on, but nice to see this movin' forward.

As promised, the archives are all updated.
    Delete Style Maps is still V1.0; I didn't have the right server tag name on it, aming it hard to find.
    Quick Comb is version 2.01.
    Modeling tools have been updated; Weld Pairs and Stitch now work with symmetry.

If there are any issues, let me know.

Also, cats and FTP clients don't mix.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Ok, LW2020 has broken some functionality. The one thing I've noticed is in my replacement for Add Item Shape for a null.

IOW, the Devs messed with Item Shape Data again.

I'm working on fixing it right now.

If any other scripts have broken, let me know.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

And now, for some frustrating news...

As noted on the blog, lScript is now depreciated, as of v2020.0.1.

That means I'll have to port my tools over to Python if I want them to keep working. For most of them, they're simple enough (fire and forget modeler scripts) that do useful things, but a couple (Style Comb, Symmetric Weight Assign, Build Null Object, Add Bone controllers) all have extensive GUIs, and the last time I looked, the Python SDK had no Interface/UI entries/information. Yes, I submitted it Newtek as a bug. Yes, I've been told it's pretty much a direct copy of the UI components for the C SDK. My point being is that I shouldn't have to go looking through 2-3 sets of documentation to find out how to do something.

Yes, I know that there are a couple of GUI builders out there; OD Tools has one that builds simple UIs, and Kanuso's excellent drag and drop one. I'll be using both, going forward. However, I like knowing what's going on, and how to roll my own, just in case. And the included index was lacking, last time I checked.

I feel sorry for RH, who'll have to port RHiggit & Facebuilder over to python. Those must be several K lines of code each...

- - - Updated - - -

That means I'll have to port my tools over to Python if I want them to keep working. For most of them, they're simple enough (fire and forget modeler scripts) that do useful things, but a couple (Style Comb, Symmetric Weight Assign, Build Null Object, Add Bone controllers) all have extensive GUIs, and the last time I looked, the Python SDK had no Interface/UI entries/information. Yes, I submitted it Newtek as a bug. Yes, I've been told it's pretty much a direct copy of the UI components for the C SDK. My point being is that I shouldn't have to go looking through 2-3 sets of documentation to find out how to do something.

Yes, I know that there are a couple of GUI builders out there; OD Tools has one that builds simple UIs, and Kanuso's excellent drag and drop one. I'll be using both, going forward. However, I like knowing what's going on, and how to roll my own, just in case. And the included index was lacking, last time I checked.

I feel sorry for RH, who'll have to port RHiggit & Facebuilder over to python. Those must be several K lines of code each...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

sounds bad in some ways,

but shouldn't they still work for quite some time ?

depreciated means slowing it down, not abandoning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Can LScripts be converted to a .p? And if so would they continue to work once LScript is gone?

Can LScripts be converted to a .p? And if so would they continue to work once LScript is gone?
    no. i think i've heard of converters that took other codes and partly converted them, but that must be very-very time consuming.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast