Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryslin's lScripts

You should have 1 surface/part to comb away from, and at least one surface/part that gets combed. Keep in mind that when you select something from the "Comb Away From" popup, it gets removed from the "Surface to Comb" list.

I'll be adding parts functionality this weekend, and do some more testing. Surprisingly simple to grab all the part names, and selecting them is dead simple, too. Making sure the right parts for the UI are present.. A little harder.

It looks like my revised method of generating a vertex normal will work as well. Now to add that into the script, too.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

One extremely useful script, made even more useful...

Symmetric Weight Assignment, improved.

You can now move up and down the hierarchy within the script, assign the weights, and assign the weights and move to the next item.

symwtassign.zip
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I have a request : I need someone with my bias map generator and 2018.0.3 to run a test for me; Create a simple object (needs 2 surfaces), and run my bias comb tool on it. Take it into layout, add FiberFX to the item, set the bias map on it, and see if it renders. I'll be doing the same here. You can PM me with the results, or mention it here. Something's going on, and I'm eliminating possibilities.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I should probably say this about the issue I'm having : It appears that, under some very specific conditions, My Bias Combing script can produce a bias map that will crash FiberFX, and take layout with it. Yes, I have submitted the crash as a bug, I'll see if I can't whip something up that will find out whatever is causing the issue (My guess is an invalid entry in the bias map - instead of a normal, I'm getting something that causes an undefined result)
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

My crash in FFX only happens when I set bias percentage to 100%...setting it lower(15/16, or 93.something %) doesn't cause a crash.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

For those of you who are using my bias combing tools with FFX in Lightwave, there is something going on with Lightwave 2018's handling of script generated bias maps. The problem appears to be two fold : First, is that FiberFX does not like to 100% amount with it, and two, does not appear to be interpolating between vertices when rendering (with any bias map). I've isolated the first to simplified content, and let the devs have it. I'm trying to isolate the second and give that one to them as well. I think the issue came up between 2018.0.2 and 2018.0.3, based on when I started having problems here...

For future reference, I would recommend using my bias combing tools with caution in LW2018.0.3 and above, and definitely keeping the bias map setting to less than 100% with bias maps created by my tool.

(And while I think it's weird that something written in the native scripting language could crash another part of the software, I'm not surprised, either...)

*edit*
    I think I've found the underlying cause, and will update to trap the condition. Ideally, I'd like to make it not happen again.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 07-09-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I can now write styles to a model!

<insert mad scientist laugh track>

Seriously, I think this will work better than bias maps, considering something is borked with them, some time around 2018.0.2.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Hi  
    your Bias script is on my ToDo list... running 11.6 here.

..what do you mean by Write Styles, is it something new in LW2018 ?
    or do you mean > https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...erFX+-+Styling
    Last edited by erikals; 07-19-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I reverse engineered the vertex map that FFX uses for it's styles (9 entries!!!), and can now use lscript to write a style FFX can pick up and use.

There are a couple of issues, namely while I can write a custom vmap using lscript, I can't overwrite one.

Still, 'tis a neat thing!
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

that's SO cool, must've been a fun breakdown.  

Good luck on future tweaks!  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

i just throw this out there as well: https://vimeo.com/213902270
    Oliver

OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

I bow to the master...

I will ask, is there any special trick to reading a 'custom' vertex map? Or is it just that much easier to handle in Python?
    (I'm going to start converting some of my "Fire and Forget" tools to Python, starting next week... Style comb, BNO3, and Fractal Foil are all interface heavy...)
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Kryslin: its very easy in python... you just give the id of the map.. so for styles, it would be: LWID_('GUDE')
    Oliver

OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

Thanks. I've got a few things to try, then. I'll probably do some experiments loading vertex maps into arrays before I commit to a larger more complicated script....
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast