Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryslin's lScripts

Bias Comb 1.01 & Bias Show 1.02

Updated the BiasComb and BiasShow lScripts:
    -Both now display version numbers in their requesters.
    -Generating the remapped bias map in BiasComb is now optional, controlled by a checkbox.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Updated the BiasComb and BiasShow lScripts:.
    Just downloaded, many thanks for this - just done another character - the chick with BiasComb. I didn't need to use the guides

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chick(06)_YellFluffy4a.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	136744 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chick(06)_YellFluffy4.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	136745
    "one rig to rule them all"
    PC Spec: Intel i7 X980 3.33GHz | 24Gb | ATI FirePro V5800 | W7
    https://vimeo.com/kevbarnes/showreel
    https://littlstar.com/kevbarnes
    https://www.talenthouse.com/kevbarnes

Here we go again...

Presenting Kryslin's Hair Tools! These are a set of lscripts that help with the generation of guide curves for use in hair styles.

HairTools.zip

The long hair in this image is an example of what can be done with the tools in the .zip file, along with Lightwave's normal modify tools (translate, rotate, scale, jitter, etc.) There were a couple of experimental tools used as well, but those are kind of jittery, and not working quite as well as I'd hoped.

These have actually been ready for quite a long time - December 2015, in fact. The problem with releasing them is that they duplicate functionality in TrueArt's EasySpline kit, and with the beta hair styling tools from the defunct(?) TrueHair kit. Sensei's tools are far faster than mine, and probably more capable. Mine do get bogged down under large item counts (I have tested up to 4K items...!), but they do get the job done. I provided these tools free of charge, whereas Sensei's are a marketable plugin. If you need speed, please, buy his EasySpline plugin.

Documentation is included in the zip file. As with most of my lscript plugins, they are fire and forget - Select, run Script, done.

Some do need a little work and tweaking, mainly for undo-ing operations. And I double checked to make sure the debug(); statements are commented out.

I hope someone besides me finds these useful.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

busy days, but i'll be testing these down the road. they do look incredibly useful(!)
    so hope to make some video previews later on.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I've got a few more hair guide tools, each serving some obscure purpose...
    -Superwiggle - resamples guide splines so that they have a wave to them. It works, but I need to work on my resample and waveform algorithms...the waves aren't wavy enough.
    -Ragged - randomizes the lengths of the ends of splines.
    -GrowHair - different from MakeHair; it grows a spline out along the surface normal of the polygon. May refine this more to include gravity and collision with geometry.
    -SelStrandPoints - Selects all the points in a guide except for the first two or three...
    -Resample Spline - eliminates co-linear points and culls point based on the dot product of two vectors on an arbitrary spline of at least three control points.

These tools, however, are somewhat twitchy, or slow running, or unstable if you don't use them in precisely the way they're intended.
    The spline resample lscripts suffer from not know the exact Catmull-Rom evaluation formula LW3DG uses... I've got a good approximation, but it's still off a bit.

Here's a copy of my "Documentation", for those who wonder what's in the zip...

Code:
    Steve's Hair Tools
    Tools Version 1.0
    Docs Version 1.0
    11 May 2017

License:
    Free to use, free to modify, free to distribute - just give me credit for the originals.  Use at your own risk, however.

Tools			File Name
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extrude Spline		(smp_ExtrudeSpline.ls)
    	Select a spline, or a point on a spline, execute script.  This adds a new point
    	at the end of the spline, which can be manipulated with any of the normal modeler
    	tools.  Very useful for making hair guides.  Works on multiple selections, though
    	it might be a bit slow on larger selections.

Flatten points		(smp_FlattenPoints_v2.ls)
    	Takes a group of points and sets their X,Y, or Z values to the Min, Max or Average
    	value, depending on what options are set.  Also flattens to a plane defined by the
    	first 2 points selected and the center of the mass of points.

Make Hair		(smp_MakeHair.ls)
    	Takes a polygon selection and puts a small, 2 point spline curve at the center
    	point.  Root depth is how far under the surface the start point is, and height
    	is how far above the surface the end of the second point is.  Points are selected
    	and ready to use with Extrude Spline.

-Make Point on Surface adds a third point to the spline, right at the center of the polygon.
    	-Assign Surface lets you assign a surface name to the spline curves, allowing for some
    	organization of multiple groups of curves.
    	-Surface Name is the name of the surface you wish to assign to the curve.  This box isn't
    	active unless Assign Surface is checked, above.

Select End		(smp_SelSplineEnd.ls)
    Select Start		(smp_SelSplineStart.ls)
    	With a spline (or group of splines) selected, selects the End Point or Start point, respectively.

Select Next		(smp_SelSplineNext.ls)
    Select Prev		(smp_SelSplinePrev.ls)
    	With a point (or group of points) on spline curves selected, selects the Next or Previous points,
    	respectively

SplineSmooth		(smp_smoothspline.ls)
    	Applies a simple smoothing algorithm to a spline curve.  Select a spline curve(s), and run the script.

Straighten Spline	(smp_straightencurve.ls)
    	Straightens spline curves along a plane defined by the start of the curve, the mid control point, and
    	the end point of the curve.

XTrim Spline 		(smp_trimspline.ls)
    	Select a point along a spline curve, execute script.  Spline is cut at the selected point, everything
    	past the selected point is discarded.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Build Null Object V3.0 (and Final)

Or, building the Better Null, Version 3.0

BuildNullObject.zip

This lScript was developed as a result of UI complaints in another part of the forum. The result is this monstrosity, an lScript that automates many tasks associated with creating nulls, with fewer overall clicks to make it happen. This script is mature, and is unlikely to see further development. It did, however, improve my UI programming skills greatly. However, Lightwave's UI designer could use a couple of basic functions, like "Snap to Grid".

Steve
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Your immortalized in my LW menu for ever

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kryslin.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	136786

Many thanks
    Kev
    "one rig to rule them all"
    PC Spec: Intel i7 X980 3.33GHz | 24Gb | ATI FirePro V5800 | W7
    https://vimeo.com/kevbarnes/showreel
    https://littlstar.com/kevbarnes
    https://www.talenthouse.com/kevbarnes

Frequenter
    These look all very helpful. Hope to find some time to try them out soon.
    Thanks a lot for sharing, Kryslin!!!!

One caveat about Extend Spline - It uses a destructive method to extend the spline, literally replacing the old spline with the new one. So, if you're using parts, it won't work; the parts won't be transferred over to the new spline. I'll see what I can do about more accurately transferring polygon information over better, so things like parts get moved over as well as vertex information. Surface information does carry over, and I tend to use surfaces to organize hair guides, that works nicely.

Because of the way lScript deals with parts, I don't know if it can be easily done, though. To assign a part name, you've got to use a CmdSeq command. To read a part name, you can use a member of the polygon's object agent. Be nice if assigning worked via the data member...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Getting another set of tools ready to go. I was working through the box cutter demo video in the blender thread up topic (of which, LWCAD can handle 90% of it), but came up against a rather hard stop, that of cutting a volume (a combination of boolean intersect and subtractions) free from another. So, I wrote an lScript for it.

What's likely to be in this group are a couple of layout tools, and a small selection of fire and forget modeler tools (that can be really useful in certain situations).
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Getting another set of tools ready to go. I was working through the box cutter demo video in the blender thread up topic (of which, LWCAD can handle 90% of it), but came up against a rather hard stop, that of cutting a volume (a combination of boolean intersect and subtractions) free from another. So, I wrote an lScript for it.

What's likely to be in this group are a couple of layout tools, and a small selection of fire and forget modeler tools (that can be really useful in certain situations).
    I have Boxcutter and HardOps for Blender, very good tools indeed, yes LWCad can handle some if it but i do like the way it works in Blender
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Wow, been a while...

I do have the volume slicer ready to go, and I'm working on a new alogrithm for the Bias Combing lscript.

I want to make sure that I add a little morph map to the sliced volume so it doesn't get re-merged (as an option).

Bias Comb is getting a new algorithm, based on the mesh topology, and following the mesh instead of an arbitrary vector. First tests are very very slow (then again, my acid test mesh is Daz3D's Melody, with some 60K polygons), and the results are promising. I need to optimize some bits of code, to make things go faster in some spots, but I really wish LW3DG would implement edges in lscript (<point object agent>.edges() - returns an array of point id's that share an edge with the point. So useful.) I'm also making the ability to generate a bias map, remapped to 0..1 bias map, or both as an option, instead of generating both at once.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Something I just learned... Edit Guides works with Bias Maps! I just got done using edit guides to correct bias map errors on my test mesh. Granted, the screen gets really crowded with some 30K guides in view, but 1) It didn't crash, 2) It was responsive, and 3) It worked with the Bias Map!... Well. up to a point. I had to scale down the fibers to work with them, but there was no way to restore the fiber length back to 100%...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I have finally beaten the computations needed to get all the vectors pointing in the right direction for Bias Combing; No more clumping at the back of the head, usually where things would be out of sight; It flows smoothly across the geometry now. I'd like to do some optimizations on the thing, because it does take quite a bit of time (granted, I'm testing on a 48K polygon Daz3D character, too), but the results are now even closer to Sasquatch's bias combing (which was the whole idea) than before.

I'm thinking about making a simple "Bias Smoothing" plugin, does a simple convolution filter to help smooth out sharp transitions. This one will be entirely manual. I could do it within BiasComb, but the thing is getting kind of bloated as is, and takes too long to run as it is.

The Bias Combing and Volume Slicing plugins should be up later tonight.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast