Thread: Transferring games to external hard drives.

Transferring games to external hard drives.

Looking for some clarification on transferring sessions to an external drive for archiving. I see I can transfer each session, but within those sessions I can get the clips that were made. All I see is a bunch of meta data and the playlist that were made.

For example, we are. A baseball. We make clips or every pitch and tag them. I need those clips to be transfered to the external drive but when I'm looking in the sessions folder on wondows, I do not see them to verify.

Could somebody please help explain where I can find each clip from the clip list to view outside of the 3play UI?

Thanks.

Do you need the whole session or could you just export the clips separately? You'd save a lot of space by exporting the clips.

Exporting each clip independently would be incredibly too time consuming. Would like to just game the fonder after a week of games and copy them all. Can I not see the clip files in the session folder? If so, where are they?

3PLAY doesn't record clips, it record the entire time so you will not have separate clips of each event. If you want than you need to export the clips, exporting 'Same as Source' should be similar to file copy speeds.

You don't mention your 3PLAY model, on 440/4800 systems the recordings are in the session folder, they have the file name 'NewTek_ReplayX_Stream#_Track1'. # will be the match camera angle (1-4 or 1-8 depending on your model).

In the case of 440/4800 systems, the recording is a QuickTime file. Recorded in the NewTek MPEG-2 format, you can install the NewTek codec pack on another system so these files can be read.
    Last edited by kanep; 05-02-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.