Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change wireframe color in Modeler

I know this is an old topic but I'm asking the following here in case there's updated info I'm not aware of:

Is there a quicker way to change the wireframe color for polygons in Modeler? I mean quicker than selecting all the polygons and using Polygon Info?

I'm working with a model that has almost a million polygons and I want to change the wireframe color from light gray to something darker. Currently, the polygon color is also gray so the wires are nearly impossible to see.

I'm trying Polygon Info to change color but this is taking ages to do. I started several minutes ago, and Modeler is still processing my request. And that's just to select the polygons in Polygon Info...I haven't even set the new wireframe color yet.

I was wondering if there's another way to globally change the wireframe color in a model that can be done with a single click. I'm pretty sure Modeler doesn't have this feature but maybe a third party script?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

if tricky 2 see, you could >

Last edited by erikals; 10-31-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Oh, nevermind. Change Sketch Color actually did what I needed. D'oh!

I just selected all the polygons I wanted to change, opened the Sketch Color panel, clicked Ok. Now all the light gray polygon wire edges are the default dark blue polygons. (If I don't select any polygons, the command has no effect.)

Anyway, much MUCH faster than Polygon Info, the way I normally did this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Oh, nevermind. Change Sketch Color actually did what I needed. D'oh!
    yes, was just about to update the previous post > "Sketch Color" under "Edit" tab

But do move it to the Top Menu for fast access.

example >

Last edited by erikals; 10-31-2019 at 01:28 PM.

The lightwave team needs to fix this with the limited colors we have, only 13 colors to choose from ...and that is to be compared to Blenders millions of colors, and also..in blender I can change it directly with realtime feedback so it is easier to get exactly the right nuance against the surface that I need.

yes, realtime everything is something i miss.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, realtime everything is something i miss.
    Yes..a bit annoying when you have to close and restart..only to find that you didnīt like the change.
    Of course we have the UI tool, which now also is commercial, but I rather wait and see what happens instead of paying for what I feel should be native, for some that may be welcome..but itīs not anything I would support as a third party plugin.

And even though I surely would like realtime UI changes, I think there are more important things to adress that is used more often in functionality, such as scaling all values at once, modo and blender has it, Matt said there was somekind of tool needed to be implemented first, so they are aware of it..the question is how difficult it would be or in what prio it is.
    And also things like fixing nodal UX, zooming in closer, able to change pan and zoom ctrls (not sure if that was adressed with latest releases?)

...do move it to the Top Menu for fast access.
    Good idea! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Good idea! Thanks!
    Yes..good workflow thinking.
    On a second note, Personally I think I place it in the bottom edge bar, since I have a direct access to display/view options there as well and there is room for it, placing it in the top menus will always interfere with all the other buttons that ..May need space along the verticle menuīs.

On a second note
    be it on keyboard / screen, i always have the hi-pri buttons at the very top.
    that's one thing i like in B-2.81, they moved a lot of the stuff up.

if it was up to me, and time, i'd make a small icon for it, in AHK.
    tho too many icons = frustrating.

be it on keyboard / screen, i always have the hi-pri buttons at the very top.
    that's one thing i like in B-2.81, they moved a lot of the stuff up.

if it was up to me, and time, i'd make a small icon for it, in AHK.
    tho too many icons = frustrating.

Yes..I prefer things on top in blender as well, but you could do that in 2.79 as well by right clicking on the bar and choose flip to top, or the other way around, flip to the bottom.

But for lightwave, we do not have such horizontal meny bars that is always there, you can only have it either on the left menu, or in the bottom bar, and since the bottom bar is static and do not need to take in account how many other buttons, menus you add in..then it makes more sense for me to have it there, at some point with so many plugins you may have installed..you will have some of them automaticly distributed to the "more" button when you do not have any space left.
    It seems that the selection tab is the section which has most menu buttons running down the vertical line, you could probably squeeze in 3 more tool buttons, but then some of them needs to be passed on to the more buttons list...which Lightwave UI does autmaticly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch color button.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	146226

thing is, the lower line is just pure pain when using a Wacom (to me at least)
    but no biggie perhaps, i could always AKH hack it.

thing is, the lower line is just pure pain when using a Wacom (to me at least)
    but no biggie perhaps, i could always AKH hack it.
    i find it ok

using a Wacom ?

Yeah, with a Wacom, I also like to put my main Windows task bar at the top. Otherwise, I keep accidentally launching things with the heel of my palm. Even when I don't have a touch enabled screen, I still find the upper position easier to work with when using a stylus.

For some programs I use AHK to set up custom tool panels, which is much easier to use with a stylus, especially when I don't have a keyboard active or nearby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast