Thread: tiny mograph tutorial

tiny mograph tutorial

Hello guys, I use this setup pretty often in my work so I thought I share this. I hope this helps you in your work.
    Cheers.
    This is part one. From this setup it's easy to extend it onward into more complex setups.
    tinymographtutorial.pdf

Thanks bazsa73. Looking forward to part 2.

( can we see this in action? )
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Thanks bazsa73. Looking forward to part 2.

( can we see this in action? )
    https://vimeo.com/100087255

I share the scene file. The controler object does more than in the PDF. It controls rotation and scale of the middle part of the object so it is possible to dissolve and reveal the mesh using only one controller.
    The tedious part is the creation of expressions and the assignment of each to the respective key in the Curve Node Graph Editor which for some reason is a different Graph Editor, unlike the native one, God knows
    only why has it been implemented this way.
    DOWNLOAD THIS>
    TinyMographV01.zip

This scene dissolves a sphere and back but without using a controler.
    CellSphereDissolve.zip
    Last edited by bazsa73; 04-23-2017 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks for sharing and your examples on vimeo look really good.

Is there a way to do this without the Curve Node and Expressions - would just a Gradient Node with keys have the same effect?
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Thanks for sharing and your examples on vimeo look really good.

Is there a way to do this without the Curve Node and Expressions - would just a Gradient Node with keys have the same effect?
    You can actually if you plug any item's any property, let's say a NULL's x position into a gradient node's key position but I don't use it. Visually poorer. It's better to see the shape of the curve in many situations when you have
    to handle multiple items. Even this present setup with 2 different graph editors makes things very difficult, finding the proper expressions, controllers etcetera. LW doesn't shine workflow wise in these areas. You easily bump into
    walls and the only way out is building tricky workarounds etc. It's like low level coding my younger collagues say about LW. C4D guys at least.

Wow!Very cool!!!thank you!!!

Thank you Bazsa, this is a great gift to the community. You are awesome and this is more proof of that.
    The LW Beast From the East

Hello Guys, this example scene uses the new Mesh Part node, so these files work only under 2018.

The idea is based on the examples of Joe Lertola in the LW2018 documentation.

My version uses a Null to control the deform and I use the falloff nodes which are pretty handy in my opinion
    Feel free to experiment.

More files here plus a fractured LWO box
    http://www.visionsupreme.net/plugins/LWMOGRAPH/

http://www.visionsupreme.net/plugins...lateWobbly.lws

Hey Basza,

It would be really great if you could just create a content directory and zip it up for people to download, rather than the individual files...

All the best,

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    Hey Basza,

It would be really great if you could just create a content directory and zip it up for people to download, rather than the individual files...

All the best,

B
    You are totally right Sir! I will correct it.