Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85

Thread: Things are looking UP!

  1. #76
    Registered User Norka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    344
    Steve, can you update the news, with 0851 release info? I might get an opportunity to play with UP this weekend and would like that info before fiddling with it.

    Kinda funny.. I made a very, very similar river scene with rocks etc, to test UP with.

  2. #77
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Looks pretty good. Only thought I have is I wish that there was a way to make the initial water stream look a bit smoother.

    Attachment 136905

    I do Agree Bump+1

    Steve can you do a sort Sim Pre-roll to get rid of this?

    Or a proxy tube to hide this?

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Looks pretty good. Only thought I have is I wish that there was a way to make the initial water stream look a bit smoother.
    Yes, I guess a solution would be to have the emitters off screen and out of shot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Kinda funny.. I made a very, very similar river scene with rocks etc, to test UP with.
    Would love to see your results when you get around to it.
    Trevor Smith
    Gallery

  4. #79
    Registered User Norka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    344
    Can anyone clue me in as to why there is such a discrepancy between the the previews and the bakes? My previews act like real water running down a river (finally), but my bakes are thick like they were in previous versions. In other words, the new previews physically are like water, and the bakes are like.. umm.. a bodily fluid... What am I missing? Unfortunately SH hasn't given any new info on this release, so I am just randomly trying different settings all over the place, and I don't have much time to fart around with this. I started a new scene with 0851, so it is not one of my old bakes I am looking at...

  5. #80
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Can anyone clue me in as to why there is such a discrepancy between the the previews and the bakes? My previews act like real water running down a river (finally), but my bakes are thick like they were in previous versions. In other words, the new previews physically are like water, and the bakes are like.. umm.. a bodily fluid... What am I missing? Unfortunately SH hasn't given any new info on this release, so I am just randomly trying different settings all over the place, and I don't have much time to fart around with this. I started a new scene with 0851, so it is not one of my old bakes I am looking at...
    The Preview is just meant to be a fast but rough approximation of the Bake. It can't match the Bake look because it's there's no geometry created in the Preview, which is why it is still fast as the simulation progresses. Bake mode, as you're probably noticed, slows down as more and more particles need to be converted into the fluid mesh.

    To get a more watery look in Bake mode, try using the Watery preset with the Erode filter on and adjust the Filter offset until you get the look you want. Higher offset values will "erode" the mesh more and if you set it too high, you will get no output at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Steve, can you update the news, with 0851 release info? I might get an opportunity to play with UP this weekend and would like that info before fiddling with it.

    Kinda funny.. I made a very, very similar river scene with rocks etc, to test UP with.
    Sorry for the lack of response. I've been traveling and just got back. I plan on releasing the D3D version and updating the website with the UP 0_8_5_1 changes early this week.

  6. #81
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Trying something a little larger in scope !
    Mesh starts out at 256kb at frame 1 , by frame 170 meshes are up to 30mb per object. My fluid meshes folder is already up to 12 gb.
    Would love to run this simulation for longer, particle count is 200000 but of course the longer it goes the slower it gets and the larger the mesh file sizes become.
    Is there a particle count limit within the UP framework ?
    Particle count is limited by the amount of memory on your graphics card. One beta tester reported using 9 million particles interactively on his dual Titan setup. You can use the "Fluid remesh reduction" option in the Preferences tab to reduce output mesh geometry on the fly using Instant-Meshes technology.

  7. #82
    Big Kahuna
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    93
    Thanks for all you do, Steve! Just bought a few of your awesome plugins today. Kickass stuff, dude!

  8. #83
    Registered User Norka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    344
    Maybe SH has moved on to something else... still no updated news (info about 0851)... :-(

  9. #84
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Maybe SH has moved on to something else... still no updated news (info about 0851)... :-(
    No, I haven't moved on to anything else. I had to replace my work computer and then spent a huge chunk of time trying to get the D3D version working and didn't want to update the website until it's finished. The D3D Preview is not finished but is rendered now. I'm hoping to have a new update, including the website sometime next week.

    I'll be happy to answer any questions you have and there's docs that you might find useful here

    http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/con...ontainers.html

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Trying something a little larger in scope !
    Mesh starts out at 256kb at frame 1 , by frame 170 meshes are up to 30mb per object. My fluid meshes folder is already up to 12 gb.
    Would love to run this simulation for longer, particle count is 200000 but of course the longer it goes the slower it gets and the larger the mesh file sizes become...
    mov file;
    https://forums.newtek.com/attachment...4&d=1495881699
    2.5 years later...
    just a RSMB test...

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •