Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Things are looking UP!

gooling, the 560m looks to be a stone-age card.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

[QUOTE=hurley;1503418]
    up config file is empty.
    Followed by..
    Error Lw has crashed[/QUOTE

Sorry it looks like your card is not capable of supporting either the CUDA or the D3D version of UP unfortunately The UP log shows the crash is in Flex initialization
    Thanks for checking It all though, I should of course have suspected that my cards were to old, I guess I have to pass on the pricing this time, and I may have to suffer the larger prices later on...If I decide to buy it, and unfortunately I am not the kind of person that jumps in and invest based on what is seen from others and not tested by myself, the scenarios where I would need it or think I would need it is too much in a veil unless I can test it.
    Good thing though, this clearly shows that my computers are aging with me, first my desktop with 480 gtx nvidia card, and the fan that gave up...and then this porbable computer that indicates so well that it has come to an age where it doesnīt sync with more modern developed plugins etc.
    Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    gooling, the 560m looks to be a stone-age card.
    Gooling?, you fooled me, thought it was some new english
    Bought the desktop around 2009 I think, and the laptop maybe a year after, so yes...time fly, they are great for many things and my laptop isnīt used as muched as I expected..so it feels kind of weird to invest in a new one because of old cards, when both the desktop and the laptop still can handle so much else with grace, but it rhymes bad with handling the latest 3d tech..so I have started to look at a new desktop..maybe this one..
    https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...080_8gb-win_10 , so a bit expensive...2002.532 $

build your own PC, much cheaper, then buy a used graphics card like i did, much cheaper.
    i bought a used 660Ti. no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    build your own PC, much cheaper, then buy a used graphics card like i did, much cheaper.
    i bought a used 660Ti. no regrets.
    I am not that versed in the hardware department...but that may not be the biggest issue, I hate ..have no patience in fiddling with hardware, motors etc..even if I maybe could do it, For My desktop I choosed individual components, but let my brother mount it for me since he was/is way more skilled in hardware
    and testing etc..then I bought him a gift for the work...so no, I want to be up and running fast.
    Another thing, I would never buy electronics Second hand, so that suggestion is a no no for me.

There are some rules that I tend to follow though,
    always nvidia graphics, never a mac, never celeron processors, never amd, I can be a bit stumbled that quite a lot of folks invest in macs ...only to find that there are so many plugins that isnīt developed for Mac or
    will not be for a long time, and that may be valid for UP I reckon, if you want a mac, fine for photo and film editing, and if you can afford that together with a pc, thatīs another matter.

Thanks for the advices anyway.

Michael

Hurley has been busy

Real Time Preview working inside LW"s viewport.
    The upcoming update will be UP 0_8_5_0. Besides the Preview, there will be ability to create custom Emitters that will send fluid streams out from the mes's vertices along their normals. Also a big bug fix that was preventing water from looking like water.

yes, lookin' forward to this one 

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    ... Also a big bug fix that was preventing water from looking like water.
    YESSSSSSS!!!!! So hopefully it will lay down and spread out more (at larger scales) and not giant beads. It just wasn't even remotely real looking. Thanks for the heads-up sam!
    Last edited by Norka; 04-14-2017 at 05:53 AM.

This is Crankin' upping the Ante , well done H.

Be afraid 'Scanline.L.A. ,Hurley's out to hose you down
    Last edited by ianr; 04-14-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Looks iike there will be another update besides the real time viewport previews.

Hey Steve, are things still looking UP? What's goin' on? I've been swamped with (bone-dry) work so I haven't been playing with UP/Squirt, and I was waiting on the next version before attempting to mess with it again... Are you still working on the water stuff and trying to get that all working properly, and um, more stable? I hope you haven't moved on to Flag etc, before making Squirt usable in production...

I think things are most certainly still looking UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FcVk4rUdW4&t=0s
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    I think things are most certainly still looking UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FcVk4rUdW4&t=0s

Mixed Emotions Steve, you'ave killed Jelly Baby Man,

maybe he'll grow back one Day?

Really tho' Well done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Hey Steve, are things still looking UP? What's goin' on? I've been swamped with (bone-dry) work so I haven't been playing with UP/Squirt, and I was waiting on the next version before attempting to mess with it again... Are you still working on the water stuff and trying to get that all working properly, and um, more stable? I hope you haven't moved on to Flag etc, before making Squirt usable in production...
    Yes, I'm still working hard on getting UP 1.0 out the door. The Preview system took a way longer that I expected and now I've had to write a whole lot of custom code to make some of the emitter parameters animatable, since the SDK panels api I'm using for that section doesn't support E and T buttons. I still have a few things to wrap up for the next update, UP 0_8_5_0, which I'm hoping to get out the door this week.

BTW, the current Demo version for UP 0_8_1_0 has timed out and I'm not going to re-compile it since I'm so close to releasing the next update, when a new Demo will be available.

creacon
    Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    now I've had to write a whole lot of custom code to make some of the emitter parameters animatable, since the SDK panels api I'm using for that section doesn't support E and T buttons. .
    Why didn't you just put an XPanel control there? And put your controls in the XPanel control?

creacon
    Last edited by creacon; 05-09-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Mixed Emotions Steve, you'ave killed Jelly Baby Man,

maybe he'll grow back one Day?

Really tho' Well done !!!
    Hehe...thanks! I guess my next UP project will be 'rise of the jelly babies'
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast