Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LW Unified Physics::Squirt Gun Open Beta begins

LW Unified Physics::Squirt Gun Open Beta begins

Hi Everybody,

This is the official launch of the LightWave Unified Physics Framework or UP for short. Unified Physics means that you can simulate fluids, rigid and soft bodies, cloth and ropes, all interacting with each other using the same integrated tool within LightWave Layout.

UP is currently powered by NVIDIA's Flex library. Unfortunately that means there will be no Mac version for now. In this initial release, a NVIDIA graphics card is required with a GeForce Game Ready Driver 372.90 or above and support for CUDA version 3.0 or higher. We expect to be able to support AMD cards using Radeon Software Version 16.9.1 or above before final release. Please make sure to download and try the UP Demo version first before you buy. We will not issue a refund if you're received a license code and UP does not work on your machine.

We'll be releasing a series of low cost artist friendly tools in the upcoming months. The first such tool is called Squirt Gun and it allows you to interactively inject streams of fluids into your LW scene. .

The initial launch price includes the cost of Squirt Gun and the UP framework. Owners of the framework will only have to pay for the cost of new tools as they arrive.

We're running an Early Bird Special Price of a mere $75 until April 1. After that the price will rise to $99 until Squirt Gun 1.0 ships. A week after Squirt Gun is released the price will jump to $149.

The current version is UP 0_8_0_5 and is very stable. Already we're seeing some very cool and creative uses of Squirt Gun from talented LW artists

Thanks to everyone who has jumped on board as we start this exciting adventure. Please use this thread for questions, bug reports and feature requests that are related to the UP framework

Very Cool  

Demo Tested!
    Full Version Bought!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

So very awesome Steve. Thanks for such a fast turnaround! Working so nice..

tip, you'll receive an error first time around, "can't save object"
    supereasy fix >set a "Fluid Output Folder"

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    tip, you'll receive an error first time around, "can't save object"
    supereasy fix >set a "Fluid Output Folder"
    Yes, thanks for posting the fix!

I've had several reports of this, though I can't get it to happen here. Next update I'll change the default folder to one that actually exists within your LW content.

nice, no problem, can we also set the Folder to D:/ ?

is this a bug, not sure >

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    nice, no problem, can we also set the Folder to D:/ ?

is this a bug, not sure >

For now.

1. Clear and reload the scene
    2. Search out your saved meshes and load the first one only "UP_liquidMesh_0000.lwo"
    3. Select Object Properties->Object Replacement->Object Sequencer

Next update should automatically work like you're expecting it to( I hope )
    Last edited by hurley; 03-25-2017 at 06:05 AM.

cool, thank you   

Steve, there are some weird diagonal patterns formed by the fluid on most of my tests. This is also visible on your UPworkflow video at 4:53.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screencapture.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	136354
    Is it something that could be fixed for v1 ?
    Thanks.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    Steve, there are some weird diagonal patterns formed by the fluid on most of my tests. This is also visible on your UPworkflow video at 4:53.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screencapture.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	136354
    Is it something that could be fixed for v1 ?
    Thanks.
    Hi Oliver,

Those are caused by Adhesion being applied to an underlying mesh without enough triangles and the fluid is "sticking" to a triangle edge. Easy fix is to create more triangles by subdividing the mesh that fluid is sticking to or decrease your Adhesion setting.
    Last edited by hurley; 03-27-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    Hi Oliver,

Those are caused by Adhesion being applied to an underlying mesh without enough triangles and the fluid is "sticking" to a triangle edge. Easy fix is to create more triangles by subdividing the mesh that fluid is sticking to or decrease your Adhesion setting.
    Thanks for the explanation, Steve. So, it makes the Ground Plane command useless in some situation. Not a big issue to me since I still have old habits.
    Usually, I try to keep my proxy objects quite low poly, with balanced density and shape. It works well with most fluid/dynamic engine I use. Are there rules also valid for Flex ?

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Steve. So, it makes the Ground Plane command useless in some situation. ?
    Ground Plane has options to dial in X and Z segments so all you need to do is increase those.

I try to keep my proxy objects quite low poly, with balanced density and shape
    In the next update I plan to automatically create for you a low poly uniform mesh using Instant-Meshes technology,

Ground Plane has options to dial in X and Z segments so all you need to do is increase those.
    doh ! Thanks for pointing it to me. As I said...old habits

In the next update I plan to automatically create for you a low poly uniform mesh using Instant-Meshes technology,
    That sounds pretty cool

UP Beta 0_8_1_0

Version 0_8_1_0 is released. This version includes the Direct3d version that should run on both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.

Some release notes here

A what's new video

As mentioned in the video you *must* re-add this update again in LW from your hard drive. If you just replace it and try to run it, it will not work

We've made a few simple demo scenes available for download from the UP page.

I had to rush this out a bit because I stupidly forgot to remove the beta expire code from the full version. So everybody who purchased the plugin will need to get the update on April 1 when it expires. Sorry about that! The full versions will no longer expire.

Not going well here, where is the license code? and why do I get an error of could not create"Could not create log folder in plugin path because of permissions problems, now using your desktop for AP log files"
    it could also not find physx libraries, though I just installed gtx560M 378.92 drivers

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast