Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Rendering multiple cameras in one scene file

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    377
    Wow! I think LW just got better before our eyes. Thanks Matt! Can't wait to try this out myself. This would have been huge on a few past projects.

  2. #32
    Super Duper Member kopperdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    3,134
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

  3. #33
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,400
    MATT

  4. #34
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Wow! I think LW just got better before our eyes. Thanks Matt! Can't wait to try this out myself. This would have been huge on a few past projects.
    Ditto!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

  5. #35
    Registered User joseba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bilbao
    Posts
    94
    Thank you very much Matt. It is a serious time saver!

  6. #36
    Registered User joseba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bilbao
    Posts
    94
    I Think it could be perfect with a gui like this mockup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cameras_to_scene_mockup.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	136337

  7. #37
    Grafiks iz us dsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by joseba View Post
    I Think it could be perfect with a gui like this mockup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cameras_to_scene_mockup.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	136337
    It would certainly be cooler with a GUI, so it can be used for all kinds of scenes - including ones where you only want to render certain camera movement sections (or different static camera angles observing other animation) - but for now, this is still a massive productivity booster. Matt did us all proud!
    Dan Sollis : Independent CGI Designer & compositor
    Digital Distortion : Post Production for Film and Television
    http://www.digitaldistortion.net

    http://www.londonlightwave.org.uk/

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dsol View Post
    It would certainly be cooler with a GUI, so it can be used for all kinds of scenes - including ones where you only want to render certain camera movement sections (or different static camera angles observing other animation) - but for now, this is still a massive productivity booster. Matt did us all proud!
    I could wrap a UI around Matt's code since he left it open source...but I'd have to get my brain wrapped back around lscript. Maybe I'll convert it to python over the weekend.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

  9. #39
    TrueArt Support
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    7,900
    Making GUI is 90-95% of the whole plugin/tool programming..

  10. #40
    Valiant NewTeKnight Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Posts
    13,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dsol View Post
    It would certainly be cooler with a GUI, so it can be used for all kinds of scenes - including ones where you only want to render certain camera movement sections (or different static camera angles observing other animation) - but for now, this is still a massive productivity booster. Matt did us all proud!
    I could add a list gadget to select which cameras should be exported. I had already started it when I was going to do it the other way.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek
    __________________________________________________
    www.pixsim.co.uk : LightWave Video Tutorials & Tools


  11. #41
    Grafiks iz us dsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,855
    Did this script get added to the official LW plugin database? I couldn't find it when I searched just now (also - I haven't checked to see if it works in LW2019)
    Dan Sollis : Independent CGI Designer & compositor
    Digital Distortion : Post Production for Film and Television
    http://www.digitaldistortion.net

    http://www.londonlightwave.org.uk/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •