Thread: 4-0-170216 "Exceptions Logged" when recording

4-0-170216 "Exceptions Logged" when recording

I'm working with tech support now. They say nobody had reported this issue, so I thought that I'd check here.

I record four versions at once to three different drives. After I updated the software to to 170216, I now get "Exception Logged" messages as soon as I start to record. The messages pop up about every 10 seconds through the whole recording. It worked fine until the software update. It doesn't happen with any one stream, but does with enough various combinations that I can't pinpoint a common denominator.

We're going through diagnosing hardware and single-site installation issues, so I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem after installing the new software.

PS....I did just discover that I have the squished format video issue, too. Recording in 720p.

Thanks,
    Bill

exactly the same with us

Thanks! That might keep me from doing a complete restore back to default. Maybe.

But, for now, tech support says that I am the only person who has actually opened a ticket, so they are treating it like it is unique to my installation.

Hopefully if others have the "Exception Logged" issue, you'll open a ticket.

Bill
    Last edited by billwatt60; 03-13-2017 at 03:23 PM.

I asked about this and was told it is fixed in the next release, but can be safely ignored anyway. Still, sorry about that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I asked about this and was told it is fixed in the next release, but can be safely ignored anyway. Still, sorry about that.
    Steve,

Do you have any kind of timeline for that release? And, do you have any idea if the same release will fix the video recording issue?

I was talked into (not forced) into doing a system restore. So, right now I have an early 2016 or late 2015 Standard Edition installed instead of a 2017 Advanced Edition. I guess that I'll spend tomorrow getting back to the 2017 AE with the Exception Messages if the exceptions are considered ignorable. But, the video issue isn't ignorable.

Bill

Yes, the next release is free of both issues. I can't say with any certainty, but hope it will be out within days, probably by the end of the week anyway. But then we thought that last week, so ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thomas TV2
    Same here. Will update as soon I can

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 ADV
    Last edited by abcwille; 03-29-2017 at 04:05 AM.