Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blog post about NPR shading in LW Next

And cel shading is coming to Octane in the 3.1 cycle, so we will have all kinds options for NPR - to rock the house - as Spinland perfectly put it. In all likelihood I would use Octane's, but nice to have options nonetheless. Ye gods, some incredible stuff coming between LW and Octane! Wooohoooooo!

For simplicity, I'd prefer to work with LWs native renderer. I also have no interest in forking over a lot of cash for graphics cards just for use with Octane. I'm glad there are options though.
    Mac Pro
    3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
    32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
    1TB PCIe-based SSD
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each

I was hoping for more modeler updates when LW Next was first announced, but it looks like LW Next will focus almost entirely on rendering. I'm sure it will happen with time.
    Performance improvements will definitely help overall.
    Mac Pro
    3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
    32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
    1TB PCIe-based SSD
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each

They really know how important the japanese market is for lightwave.

Not a Mazinger fan. I like Daimos better. Way cooler old school roboto good story.

Great blog! The stuff there is better than LW 2015 who already very good too.

The youtube video from Lino is actually Dec 2016.

So this new cel shading has been in lw next they just didn't post it in the blog.
    Strange they really don't know how to promote lightwave give some sneak peaks.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Hmm. Again, stuff that I don't really have any use for, but at least it shows some progress is being made.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

_
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Not a Mazinger fan. I like Daimos better. Way cooler old school roboto good story.
    ...but... But!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwyhart View Post
    For simplicity, I'd prefer to work with LWs native renderer. I also have no interest in forking over a lot of cash for graphics cards just for use with Octane. I'm glad there are options though.
    For hobbyists, or 3D artists with very small gigs (or scant numbers of clients), there is nothing at all wrong with LW's renderer. That's great that you're able to keep it simple. :-) I personally can't imagine how waiting on painfully slow renders is simplicity, but if you ever find yourself with a desire or need to accomplish in minutes what currently takes you many hours or days in LW's renderer, you may want to look into Octane and a PC GPU workstation loaded with some 980/1080 Ti GPUs. It all pays for itself very quickly, under the right circumstances.

PS. Your site gives a 404.
    Last edited by Norka; 03-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.

This is really great news. I also like the gradient look. Can't wait to see more !

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    The youtube video from Lino is actually Dec 2016.

So this new cel shading has been in lw next they just didn't post it in the blog.
    Strange they really don't know how to promote lightwave give some sneak peaks.
    like I said in the other thread, it was shown on FB a while back
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

@Norka

LightWave Render is great for NPR and animations that needs tons of various customization.

I bought Octane, and love it, but the LW render still has it's place.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I have been hoping, like forever, for a solid NPR advancement for Lightwave. It is the 'bread & butter' of the Japanese market for Lightwave, and Rob visited there several years ago, (yes . . . that long ago . . .) There is great potential for NPR in animation, anime, illustration, cartoon, graphic novels, arch viz and welcome alternates to the 'make it REAL' crowd. More creative flexibility and on screen preview of the effects in real time is the 'holy grail' of artist types. Thank you for the preview, now release the !&*%#[email protected] software.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

it's not That long ago since he visited Japan. (2014)

i find nothing to criticize regarding Rob's LightWave connection with Japan.

rather the other way around actually. i applaud it.
    Last edited by erikals; 03-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    it's not That long ago since he visited Japan.

i find nothing to criticize regarding Rob's LightWave connection with Japan.

rather the other way around actually. i applaud it.
    Same here.
    The more input he can get from production houses in Japan, the better is for all of us.
    EDIT
    I use LW NPR render ALL THE FREAKING time for work.
    It would be sweet to have better integration with programs like Illustrator.
    a good first step is to be able to render AS A VECTOR format like .SVG or .Ai.
    I would kill to have in Lightwave more control of things like vector style gradients,
    and line style and weight.
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 03-10-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast