Thread: Mini Audio Issues

Mini Audio Issues

I'm having a very strange intermittent issue with audio with our Mini. We broadcast live daily to our student body from our studio. Our broadcast averages about 6-7 minutes each morning. All audio in the studio is fed through a 16-channel mixer and then our main out is then fed into the Tricaster. All audio plays fine (I can see the meters behaving properly) throughout the entire broadcast until we reach the end credits. Our credits simply consists of a prerecorded video clip being played in DVR 1, accompanied by music being fed into our external mixer and into the Tricaster.
    The audio meters at that point act as if someone is intermittently pressing a mute button. So the music plays for a couple seconds and then randomly cuts in and out.
    I had this issue at the beginning of the year and sometimes everything went off without a hitch and other times this problem would occur. The last Tricaster update seemed to have fixed that issue for several months, but as of this week, the issue has re-emerged.
    All audio works perfectly until we get to the last 30 seconds of the broadcast.

-After hitting the post button, I see there's another update that was released on 1-27-17, that again addresses in part, an issue with garbled audio on analog outputs. This could resolve my issue. I'll try updating later today and see how it goes.

-Jeremy Brandt
    Voorhees HS
    Glen Gardner, NJ
    Last edited by jeremybrandt; 02-02-2017 at 09:10 AM.

I don't think this is the same thing. Rather, I suspect that you have enabled "Follow Program Video" for some of your sources, so that sending DDR 1 to Program interrupts the incoming audio from the mixer when the transition runs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve. If that were the issue, wouldn't I notice the same audio problem with all clips that are run from DDR1? During any given broadcast, we've got 4 -6 clips loaded into DDR 1 that we're running into the Program.

Probably, but maybe a little more detail would help. For example, is there anything different about the way the DDR is introduced onto Program in the cases where audio behaves as expected? How are you introducing the DDR video onto Program - is it in a DSK, or selected on the Program row, or maybe via an M/E? Is any Automation applied to the DDR, or the clips in it?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Install latest software for Mini, and try to reproduce issue in a New Session, would be first thing I would try. Could be running old software with possible bug.

Thanks

Jeff

There is nothing different about how they're introduced. The DDR is coming into the Program straight from the Program row (not within an M/E). All clips in the DDR are set to autoplay. The issue is so intermittent and difficult to replicate I'm running the update now, so we'll see if that helps.

The clip in question (close credits video) was imported into the TriCaster using the Newtek import process?
    Tricaster 460
    HD-SDI over coax
    JVC 890 x 2
    Panasonic 370 x 1

I bring in all video clips the same way, export from FCPX using the Newtek codec, then Import into Tricaster. After updating this morning, the problem occurred again, so that was no help. The next thing I'll try is trash the credits clip and import a new version in case there's something corrupt going on there.