Thread: NDI not showing up in After Effects 2017

NDI not showing up in After Effects 2017

I just installed NDI Tools and am trying to get it to work as an after effects CC 2017 video preview. I have the .aex plugin installed, but there's only the default Adobe DV listed under video preview. Do I need to restart my computer or anything like that?

Thanks,
    -Rich
    Rich Helvey
    Graphics Producer
    Access Hollywood, NBC

Is this on Mac or Windows?

I don't believe the Mac AdobeCC has the After Effect support yet, just Premiere.

On Windows, the newest plug-in with AdobeCC works differently and doesn't use the video preview settings. The new plug-in allows reading of the alpha channel information from the composition, you don't have to turn anything on, it should activate when After Effects is running.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Not sure about the Mac questions, but we looked into this and discovered that AE connection requires a new frame to be sent to get the ball rolling. That effectively means that, before initially connecting, you need to scrub or hit a cursor key. This will be fixed in a future update, but for the moment it's a pretty easy workaround.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not sure about the Mac questions, but we looked into this and discovered that AE connection requires a new frame to be sent to get the ball rolling. That effectively means that, before initially connecting, you need to scrub or hit a cursor key. This will be fixed in a future update, but for the moment it's a pretty easy workaround.
    Yes, that seems to have been the problem. I think.

Anyways, it's working now.

Thanks all
    Rich Helvey
    Graphics Producer
    Access Hollywood, NBC

Thank you, for kicking the tires and giving it a spin.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")