Thread: Rail Extrude crashes Modeler

Question Rail Extrude crashes Modeler

Unexplainably, the rail extrude tool under multiply - extend, will crash modeler. I had been working with it without any problem, but then a glitch hit and couldn't get it to operate. it is a simple helix curve created from the helix tool, and a closed curve circle in the back ground to extrude along the helix line in the foreground. I tried to switch that background foreground but it still crashes. I get the dialogue box with the oriented, align to start etc. it's been a while since I've used this tool so confounded to figure it out. LW v11.6 Windows7 pro- MC

Have you tried with a fresh Modeler session & completely new geometry? You might have unknowingly "goobered" your items & they're not what you believe them to be such as accidentally creating a duplicate.

run merge, then try deleting 1 point polys and 2 point polys. could help.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Thankyou, at midnight I must have Goobered it up, never heard that one but I like it, it works after morning coffee and starting a new. MC

- - - Updated - - -

Good suggestion, always do that, got it to work on a new model, appreciate it, MC

Quote Originally Posted by MartyC View Post
    Thankyou, at midnight I must have Goobered it up, never heard that one but I like it, it works after morning coffee and starting a new. MC

- - - Updated - - -

Good suggestion, always do that, got it to work on a new model, appreciate it, MC
    Ah, well, old "technical" term.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Goobered

Fresh eyes, brain & coffee always seem to help in these matters.