Thread: Streaming to multiple sites

Streaming to multiple sites

Can one simulcast to multiple live sites at the same time? Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, etc?
    Can you point me to a NewTek doc or video that shows how?

What type of stream is sent out? RTMP?

Thanks

Advanced Edition allows you to do this. You simply set up the Connections (destination presets) you are interested in, and checkmark them in the Stream menu. (Note that all destinations will get the same stream in this case, even if you have configured them individually with different encoding profiles). The stream can be either RTSP or RTMP.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by rbhaigh View Post
    Can one simulcast to multiple live sites at the same time? Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, etc?
    Can you point me to a NewTek doc or video that shows how?

What type of stream is sent out? RTMP?

Thanks
    Yes, but only with certain profiles I believe. For example, I'm unable to push via adobe flash & facebook live from the same Tricaster

Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    Yes, but only with certain profiles I believe.
    That's correct. Sending to multiple sites is not supported if you use a Legacy encoder option.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

See whether you can obtain the rtmp code and server address from providers and eliminate Legacy. Otherwise only legacy will be active.

I responded to this somewhere else -- but, basically I believe you may need to be running Tricaster Advanced Edition. From the STREAM menu select Custom settings and get the rtmp setting and server address and correct RTMP protocol. Not sure how many simultaneous broadcasts you can run but we are running to 5 different SM sites. Won't work with any Legacy settings.

As mentioned, Advanced Edition allows for this, to a point. All destinations will receive the same quality, so if want to send Facebook 720p and YouTube 1080p you will not be able to do this. If your needs go beyond the TriCaster built in streaming engine, another option is MediaDS. This gives you four streaming channels, each can be configured separately. With this setup, you can stream to Facebook in 720p while YouTube receives 1080p. You would also have the ability to archive each encoding stream as well. Finally, any unused channels on the MediaDS can be used a live SDI inputs to the TriCaster if you need to expand the input count of the system.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

How many streams can be done simultaneusly with Tricaster AE?

I've used a service called restream.io to stream to multiple facebook pages at the same time. Basically, send one stream to restream.io from your tricaster, and then it sends it to all your channels. You need a paid account to add FB.

Quote Originally Posted by merovingio View Post
    How many streams can be done simultaneusly with Tricaster AE?
    TriCaster AE will generate one stream and can send it to as many destinations as your bandwidth will allow.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We use JW player for our streaming which also allows you to simulcast to a bunch of social media channels as well. It is a paid account. It has the added bonus of archiving and encoding our stream as well, so for 75% of what I do I don't have to record to the Tricaster. It really helps out with my workflow and time management.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables