Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: where to find 3D characters

How do you export all the bones from Daz to lightwave? To be able to adjust the pose like you proposed.
    http://www.soap3d.com

email:
    [email protected]

Available for freelance!!

Quote Originally Posted by injacphi View Post
    How do you export all the bones from Daz to lightwave? To be able to adjust the pose like you proposed.
    The come along for the ride with FBX export.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    The come along for the ride with FBX export.
    Exactly, and I believe it is general better for getting the textures right as well, so even if you just want a still..do it with fbx, and do not load the fbx through modeler, load it from layout..do not scale, I would suggest use lightwave joints instead of bones when you get the load requester options for fbx...if you use bones, they will turn up in z-axis, and perpendicular to how the bones should be.

You may want to check bake rotations, if you use the motion plugin, it wonīt work with ik-booster as to what I know off..in case you do want to edit with ik booster later.

when you got that right, entering/selecting the fbx bone hiearchy standin is necessary, only then can you get acess to bones, by clicking on bones, or open the scene editor and edit/select them from there.

The first thing I do however, that is to select the genesis bone (not shape) and hit " -" to delete it, then also select the fbx base bone transformer and delete that, you can do this process one by one or select them both at once, just do it on the first keyframe.
    when doing the deletion, you will be promted with a question to delete descendent bones as well...click no cause you do not want to delete any other bones than the selected.
    This allows for also editing the bones with Ik booster, otherwise the bones will not match up with the mesh.

Check images for deleted bones, the keyframes is due to me simply choosing the punch animation in daz, then exporting that by baking to studio keyframes, you could delete keyframes if necessary, but it is tricky and you need keyframes at the very first frame at least.
    In your case, you do not have to export animation, just pose in daz you figure at the first keyframe and export to the latest fbx format.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delete highlighted bones.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	135930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	should look like this.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	135931  

this site web have a 3d characters with multpile formats : http://www.the3dplanet.com/product-c...3d-characters/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123