Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where to find 3D characters

Heres a hulk figure from tf3dm, collada format, import to blender export back out to fbx and import to lightwave, textures and rig should be fine ... at least here and on some other characters I tested, one need to be careful and check scaling though, eventually re-scale, and also reparent some bones..so reparent the bones correctly may be out of the league here for the OP?
    I further just applied ik booster and did some moves, in the end added a kinematic null and parented to hand bones, so it is that kinematic null that hits and affects the block....

Top Dog
    I would consider Poser Pro with its PoserFusion LW plug: http://my.smithmicro.com/poserfusion-plugins.html

I have installed DAZ and I think it's a very good solution. What I need to find is the way to export in fbx the character with the pose I made with DAZ. I have tried to export with fbx but it reset the character to T-POSE each time I try to export it. I also have export it in obj and it keep the pose but the number of polys is too huge.... help me please...
    http://www.soap3d.com

email:
    [email protected]

Available for freelance!!

Daz to LW fbx Tutorials, may be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGyL9PtnBI

Check Ryan's Tutorials as Well .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGyL9PtnBI

He's da man on DAZ Char usage

Thanks ianr, I already look at this tutorial and it don't say how to keep the model freeze in the same position...

email:
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by injacphi View Post
    Thanks ianr, I already look at this tutorial and it don't say how to keep the model freeze in the same position...

Single frame or animation? are you doing the pose on the first frame?
    export to fbx 2012
    check export options when exporting, check figures,props, animation, morphs etc...or whatever may be needed.

if using genesis figures that is, dealing with other characters and importing as fbx and getting correct results is highly variable depending on what figure is used and set up.

If you use animate2? then you need to bake them to studiokeys, right click on the same bar as animate, not exactly on the animate text but below it or just on the bar, then you will get a menu to bake to studio keys.

Hereīs a forum thread I created some time ago that covers some of the pipeline of daz to lightwave, with various input from users...

PIPELINE DAZstudiopro4-LIGHTWAVE
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....t=daz+pipeline

It's for a static render, so just single frame. I positionned the character in DAZ and just want to have the same position in lightwave to make the renders. I think it's genesis character, I will take a look...

email:
    [email protected]

It's for a static render, so just single frame. I positionned the character in DAZ and just want to have the same position in lightwave to make the renders. I think it's genesis character, I will take a look...
    Until you get the hang of fbx, you cold just export to obj, textures and uv maps should be there..though you may have to adress changes on transparency maps which it doesnīt load by default and needs to be inverted....so if itīs for a still you can go that route.

Genesis shouldnīt be any problems with fbx...but you need to be aware of what frame you created the pose on.

Although DAZ is free, I find it awkward to work with particularly when trying to get models into Lightwave. You might want to check into the Pro version of Smith Micros Poser. The current version is PoserPro 11. Previous version was Poser Pro 2014 so go figure.

Anyway, the pro versions come with their Fusion Plug-in for several other 3D apps, but Lightwave is one of them. It allows Layout to read the Poser PZ3 scene file and saves it out as a Lightwave LWS scene file. You might have to do some minor surface tweeks in Layout, but that's about it.

The FBX export works swimmingly with Lightwave 2015 as well and is very straight forward to use, even for simple animations. Posers animation system is quite klunky when compared to Lightwave's but for simple things it's tolerable.

You can semi-easily export out of DAZ to Poser too (using the free DSON plug-in) THEN to Lightwave. The Genesis 3 figures require a couple extra steps but some users have developed free scripts that addresses those issues.

Something to consider in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Although DAZ is free, I find it awkward to work with particularly when trying to get models into Lightwave. You might want to check into the Pro version of Smith Micros Poser. The current version is PoserPro 11. Previous version was Poser Pro 2014 so go figure.

Anyway, the pro versions come with their Fusion Plug-in for several other 3D apps, but Lightwave is one of them. It allows Layout to read the Poser PZ3 scene file and saves it out as a Lightwave LWS scene file. You might have to do some minor surface tweeks in Layout, but that's about it.

The FBX export works swimmingly with Lightwave 2015 as well and is very straight forward to use, even for simple animations. Posers animation system is quite klunky when compared to Lightwave's but for simple things it's tolerable.

You can semi-easily export out of DAZ to Poser too (using the free DSON plug-in) THEN to Lightwave. The Genesis 3 figures require a couple extra steps but some users have developed free scripts that addresses those issues.

Something to consider in any case.
    For me..If you restrict yourself to genesis figures, I do not see it as awkward at all, fbx brings you animation, obj brings you static objects, itīs all there and fairly easy to export..what you always have to do is just adjusting the transmaps, lower some specularity and glossiness...otherwise you are good to go, you do however need to check the proper export options, for obj...check write surfaces and collect maps
    If you need to animate with the pre-made daz animation and ik-booster, you can combine it as well.
    Other figures from various vendors might be a different case.

I like make human for the facial features control.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    I like make human for the facial features control.
    You may want to check up on the free bastionilab ..one of the developers of makehuman that made a free plugin for blender to create figures right in blender, also free...

http://www.manuelbastioni.com/gallery.php

And here is a vid from Mike Green about makehuman to lightwave...

He does improve on skin shaders...but I donīt think that version is out yet...

DAZ works well, lots of tweaking to make on each character to fit with all the belts and straps... Still need to make the hands of the mother... I don't know if GOZ could work and be able to work in each software simultanously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&mother-001.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	549.3 KB 
ID:	135905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&kid-003.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	465.2 KB 
ID:	135906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&kid-004.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	495.3 KB 
ID:	135907?

email:
    [email protected]

DAZ works well, lots of tweaking to make on each character to fit with all the belts and straps... Still need to make the hands of the mother... I don't know if GOZ could work and be able to work in each software simultanously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&mother-001.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	549.3 KB 
ID:	135905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&kid-003.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	465.2 KB 
ID:	135906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer&kid-004.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	495.3 KB 
ID:	135907?
    Not sure why you would want to add zbrush? for some cloth sculpting or? for fixing the hands you would just have to adjust the rig/hand bones..I prefer and would recommend fbx Even if itīs only for a still, so you can pose the figure as you want in lightwave..after your initial pose in daz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast